ForumsThe TavernGlasses

130 19232
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Who's got them and why?
I had an eye exam today and will be having to get glasses for the first time for astigmatism in my right eye. I should get my glasses sometime after the holiday.

• 130 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I wore glasses for about a year, but I depend on periphial vision over half the time, because most of the time I find people staring at my eyes and I have taken a liking to watching the ground while I walk, while being able to see everything around me. So I switched to contacts.
Matrix, I had the same problem, my first eye exam when they decided to dialate my eyes, I t took a good thirty minutes just for me to have the eyedrops in my eyes. But when I put in contacts, I just look in the mirror and stare at the center of my pupil, and I edge the contact to the ring around my iris, and let it suction cup on my eye.
What a detailed explination...
I would rather have laser surgery, I miss my old eyesight where I could see perfectly. I also fall asleep with my contacts in, small naps here and there, and I'm not supposed to.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I've been robbed of my peripheral vision. Although I have adjusted to using specs for my astigmatism and myopia, I'm considering switching to contacts or eventually getting surgery. I'll have the former arranged once I decide to stop being a coward.

One other thought, why are glasses no longer referred to as "spectacles"?

I still refer to them as spectacles. I love using terms interchangeably.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Okay I have a disease might be myopia, except I never mentioned it due to my riduculous cancer freak-out (long story). Anyways I started wearing glasses when I was like 6 or 7. My eyesight deteriated every single day. Like for example, my friends can play video games for one whole day (in a row) and have normal eye sight the next day. But for me, I play say 20 hours for 3 days and suddenly drops alot! Im right now nearsighted, glucoma free, and -4.25/-4.50. I'm also using contact lenses. Even if they are a BIG hassly, they make life ALOT easier and I look good without glasses . The Doc. said I was too young for contact lenses to reverse my like &quotroblem", but hopefully I'm wishing it will work!

Anyways, surgery or contacts/glasses for the rest of your life. I mean once they find a way that actually cures the "disease" I have, I'll do surgery. But contacts are okay. They don't make my eye dry or itchy nothing. But if you cry, be careful the lense might come off. Once it comes off you are virtually blind. Mine fell out during the ASK tests which are a BIG exam! Haha had to look with one eye. I think I messed up my score...Guess I can't get another 300 on it. Oh well

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I have glasses to wear, and I had to wear them since about 3rd grade. I'm pretty sure I could have worn them before that, but I was a little rebellious about it. For the life of me, I cannot wear contacts. I just have that annoying, but helpful reflex that causes me to close my eyelids immediately when an object tries to pass through the eyelashes. So I suppose it's surgery for me. LASIK is my one true hope to being able to see without glasses. The only thing that will remain would be the mannerism of touching around my nose to itch it. That would take some time to get used to.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

iv had glasses since iwas three becuase of to much television and computer i think

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I've had trouble seeing long for awhile, so I may need glasses soon...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

For the life of me, I cannot wear contacts. I just have that annoying, but helpful reflex that causes me to close my eyelids immediately when an object tries to pass through the eyelashes.

This is one of the reasons why I can't wear contacts.

What bugs me about my glasses is that I can't wear them while I'm on the computer. But I have to wear them to watch television or I won't be able to see it well. My television is about six-seven feet away from me right now and I can see it fine. But with the glasses it makes it clearer. If I have the glasses on while on my computer, then my eyes start to get irritated and I get a headache soon after.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have myopia.
I mostly wear contact lenses. I wear glasses only at home, or when I have to weak up early in the morning. I stopped always wearing glasses a couple of years ago, because I used to break a pair about every month.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

I have fake glasses they are cool... but i dont realy wear them

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

I had glasses because i can't see things which are far away. Unfortunately it's so bad that when i don't wear my contact lenses i can't see a thing:O It's really hazy.. Lol

I have them since i was about 10 or something.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I don't have any but I might in the future because I sit really close to the computer so I can see better, same thing with my Xbox it's tough to see.

My eye doctor says my eyes are fine though.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

In my immediate family I am the only person who doesn't have glasses, although my sister is older than me so I feel I may need them later on.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

I have glasses because my right eye's vision site is not good. I don't wear them much though.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Trying to keep the lenses of my glasses clean has been a pain. It's like ever speck of dust within a 10 foot radius is attracted tot hem.

sadlittleduck
sadlittleduck
12 posts
Peasant

^Agreed. I have to clean mine about ten times a day to be able to see through them. At least I have hipster glasses. I love those things.

Showing 106-120 of 130