ForumsGamesTerraria

142 50942
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

Only a few people have this and it is not released yet!

It was given to them because they are experts in Minecraft and plus they are famous in Youtube but there is one person who isn't famous, He got it because he sent a letter to Redigit(Project Lead)

Probably it is cheaper than Minecraft.
Can't wait for Terraria to be released!

• 142 Replies
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Terraria made a game in said genre.

Thank you sir, I will quote you on any terraria is minecraft topic. <3
GabeValentine
GabeValentine
33 posts
Nomad

It does look quite like Minecraft (at least, the general idea). I haven't played it, so I won't pass judgment. That said, at first glance it doesn't look like it has that much unique gameplay to offer, and I highly doubt it will ever have a big enough market share to compete with Minecraft.

Also, I take issue with the argument that "its cheaper than Minecraft" because that just means the production value is lower. If Minecraft was cheaper, it wouldn't be as sophisticated and streamlined as it is, and frankly, Terraria doesn't look as solid as Minecraft.

Just my two cents.

Dylanator
Dylanator
89 posts
Nomad

Ugh, Minecraft. I hate Minecraft, but I have to say, this looks decent.

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

Ugh, Minecraft. I hate Minecraft, but I have to say, this looks decent.

i did not know it was possible to hate minecraft, i know people who don't play it because they say it dosent look fun but...

On Topic! i love Terraria its so much fun, after a day of playing i have:2 gold coins(not much) i have a gold pickaxe a iron sword, and ive found 3 hearts, so im not doing to well compared to some of my friends and there light sabers and whatnot, but i haven't found any really good caves =( but still, i love this game(possibly more then minecraft atm) and if you have $10 i seriously suggest you get it!
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

*sighs* i just started i only have copper stuff (other than my sword, which is iron)

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

so i now (finally) have my full set of molten armor, all molten tool's(except the bow, i don't use bow's) and rocket boot's, once i get Muramasa, Sunfury, the ivy whip, and once i get around to making the star cannon, i will feel pretty much done with that character, also, a question for you guys, what accessory's do you guy's use? i myself use the: cloud in a bottle, lucky horse shoe, rocket boot's, obsidian skull, and i cant remember the last one =/

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I just got my Shadow Armor Set. Currently I'm using that set with the War Axe of the Night. I finally got a meteor to hit, and it landed on the stupid dungeon and lost half it's mass, so I barely had enough meteorite ore to make a single phaseblade. I might switch to The Breaker if I have ores left over after making the Nightmare Pickaxe.

I don't really have any great accesories, just the assentials for getting around without rocketboots, such as the Flippers and Hermes Boots.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I have a few extra items, such as two Ball O' Hurt. If someone is willing to trade Vilethorn or Orb of Light, just leave a comment on my profile and we can trade items. You'll need to have Hamachi.

pokemonx34
pokemonx34
18 posts
Peasant

what about a meteor pick

hasaosan
hasaosan
1 posts
Nomad

TO ALL SAYING THIS IS A MC CLONE:

JUST STFU U NERD RAGERS MC ISNT THE FIRST FKIN GAME IN THE WORLD

its actually a HYBRID of Dwarfe Fortress and Infiminor.
and HELL if you want to get right down to BARE bones of it... its a LEGO clone aswell.
THAT being said PLENTY of other games fit into this EXE Blockland Roblox... 90% of games from lego.com, Eden (a phone game like MC,

JUST because a game LOOKS smiler or has a FEW smiler Features does NOT make it a "clone"

if we where to base games like that then WoW is an exact clone of EQ (1 not 2 2 sucked)

IMHO Terraria OWNES MC in SO many ways

in MC i get diomond set... now what... kill a few more skeles... tame a mut (note when i first bought MC these DIDNT exist)... that gets boring to fast

in terraria i get all kinds of freakin awesomely designed armor and kill giant fking bosses of DOOM... or do some epic pvp (witch sux on MC as people will just spam golden apples till 1 person dies)

Block style games is NOT a new genere and MC didnt make it. so stop QQing about how Terraria is a "clone" when its not

it just has a few features that are slimier (tho its few are like 99% of mcs content sence MC has 2% of the content promised from notch)

Terrarias devs are ALSO not fking lieing theives like Notch

grassmelody
grassmelody
8 posts
Nomad

I've been having alot of fun on the game. I think I find it more appealing then minecraft just because it's more combat oriented then creating.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS ORGASMIC :0

Now I just need to download Steam onto my laptop @-@ and is it possible to transfer my world and character across as well?

mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

Terraria is only ahead of MC for multiple reasons. 1) MC's dev team only has a few people. When I say a few, I mean like 3. 2) The game isn't finished. 3)Some other third thing

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

ive fell in love with this game, at first i thought it would be like minecraft, then i played it :O now im addicted, its NOT minecraft at all, full meteor gear ftw

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
424 posts
Nomad

hey anybody here already beaten the eye of cthulu??

Showing 61-75 of 142