ForumsWEPRBelieving in God brings its own Hell

169 25045
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Let's get this first thing straightened out: the title isn't literal, it's metaphorical. Just think, without religion the world would be much better. No disputes over the "right" thing to believe. That means no wars over religion. We'd have more money because we wouldn't have to donate, build churches, etc. We'd have an overall better outlook on life because our consciouses wouldn't be so powerful.

• 169 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'll put it into different terms. God created all this stuff for our species' sake, correct? Well, God created women for men and men for women. In the link, it also states that men and women were to have two reasons for intercourse. a) For reproduction and b) for intimacy, or, "fun." By having sex with another man/woman you are being ungrateful to God. That is why it's a sin. Understand? If you don't, just say you don't to avoid future confusion.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

That, and it was written thousands of years ago.

You must've overlooked that part. That was the other means of explaining more literal terms.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

1. No, I am pretty sure Leviticus and Deuteronomy was meant to be taken as law.

Leviticus was literally the law of the Levites, a tribe of priests in the OT.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Paarfam, thing is, gay sex is rather fun and if god didn't want man to lie with man, why the hell did he make **** sex so gosh darn pleasurable?

Quick Q: Are you gay? Or was that a joke? Anyways... The link explains why gay sex may appear pleasurable to some.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Okay, we're making progress, so far...we've got for why homosexuality is wrong...

1) God says so.

2) God doesn't think homo sex is fun.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Ah, so you agree that using a book of morals written a couple thousand years ago is a very bad idea?

I'm the OP. I made the title. I know why believing in God can be bad. You believe in metaphorical and/or ancient laws. >__>
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

**** it Kasic! (Ha, it rhymed)

You seem to have missed the "being gay is ungrateful" part.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

My bad.

1) God says it's bad.

2) God doesn't think homo sex is fun

3) Apparently you're ungrateful if you have homosex (???)

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Gay sex is limited to humans

No it's not. If you're a bio major you'd know that genetic mutations can cause homosexuality in many a species.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

3) Apparently you're ungrateful if you have homosex (???)

If you're confused, take a deeper, longer look at the link. Plus I explained it. >__>
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

I call shennigans on the bible and christian apologetics.

Based on all your intricate conversations with christian apologists I'm sure.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Clearly E1337.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

If you're confused, take a deeper, longer look at the link. Plus I explained it. >__>

No, I get it, I just think it's a few chickens short of a chicken coop. The link says that god made man and women for each other, and he only sanctions the togetherness of a man and a woman as a husband/wife...but then it kind of "jumps" to if you don't do that, and instead have homosexual sex, that that's a sin and is wrong. HOWEVER, it does NOT GIVE A REASON FOR THIS. It keeps circling back to "God says it's wrong" There is no reason.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

God created all this stuff for our species' sake, correct? Well, God created women for men and men for women.
And...
By having sex with another man/woman you are being ungrateful to God. That is why it's a sin.

I don't think I could make it any simpler.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

By having sex with another man/woman you are being ungrateful to God. That is why it's a sin.

...you do realize how that sounds right?

It makes as much sense to say..."By not becoming a auto repair mechanic lik your father did, you're ungrateful and should be punished"
Showing 46-60 of 169