ForumsWEPRBelieving in God brings its own Hell

169 25046
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Let's get this first thing straightened out: the title isn't literal, it's metaphorical. Just think, without religion the world would be much better. No disputes over the "right" thing to believe. That means no wars over religion. We'd have more money because we wouldn't have to donate, build churches, etc. We'd have an overall better outlook on life because our consciouses wouldn't be so powerful.

• 169 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

NOT LAWS ENFORCED BY HUMANS.

PHYSICAL IN SCIENTIFIC LAWS. STUFF WE CAN PHYSICALLY DO.

I think you got it now. I'm pretty sure E1337 got it a while back.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

PHYSICAL IN SCIENTIFIC LAWS

I mean Physical *and* Scientific Laws.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I mean Physical *and* Scientific Laws.

What's the difference? Science deals with what can be observed, so any "Physical" law is going to be apart of a "Scientific Theory." Also, if it's possible to be done, it obviously doesn't violate any physical/scientific laws. Why did god make it possible to do if he didn't want it done? It's like placing a baby next to a machette, lighter, pool of acid, guillotine, and gun all in one playpen.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Okay, you got it now Kasic. Go to see that. I know they're the same, and I put it into there to possibly help you.

Why did god make it possible to do if he didn't want it done?

Now you're asking the same questions as me. You just summed Free Will up into one statement there.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Why did god make it possible to do if he didn't want it done?

While I'm on the spot I might as well say this: God loves us. God wants us to experience his greatest gift to a full: life. He wants us to explore life. That's why he gave us the power of redemption, like going off to fight and coming home to get healed up.

I never get any time to have debates like this; I'm always too busy. It's wonderful.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Or maybe because God is not there

Or you could take it like an atheist and say that.

PS. Balance is good. Even in your belief system.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

1. If God is there, I'd like to get into heaven.
2. God tries to teach us lessons, but not to an extreme where it gets too severe.
3. God can do whatever the hell he wants. I'm a God-fearer, literally and metaphorically.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

PS. Balance is good. Even in your belief system.

Well, except if in your belief system lacking a full faith is a sin.

That's why he gave us the power of redemption, like going off to fight and coming home to get healed up.

Or like being drafted into a war and getting killed during it. Why couldn't God have just gotton rid of the things that cause sin? It's just being malevolent, a tease, however you want to frame it. He puts us here, puts everything here, says you have free will, but singles things out and says "that's a no-no" Why? You'd get your child taken away if you left guns laying around the place and just said "Don't touch, that's a no-no, but you can do w/e you want"
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Well, except if in your belief system lacking a full faith is a sin.

Every. Single. Religious. Person. Has. Moments. Of. Skepticism. Simply put, there it is.
Or like being drafted into a war and getting killed during it.

In redemption, you can always heal yourself. In war, you can't always. I used a simple, but bad metaphor and I admit it.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Congrats on being spineless. I will die on my feet before I live on my knees.

I hear that statement in every single religious thread. I always respond with the following statement: would you rather be a coward for 90-something years and then live in paradise for eternity? Or would you rather live like a brave man for 90-something years and then live in an eternity of torture?

Think before you answer.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Your doubts are valid.

An oxymoron I see, eh? Well, are you agreeing or disagreeing?
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

It's like working at the nazi death camps, you could raise a fuss and be executed, or be silent, cowardly and enjoy the perks of being a guard.

What would one man do? I know that if there was a death camp overthrow panned I would definitely take part, but in any other situation, a coward I'd be.
But the thing is, there is no guarantee of heaven or of the heaven you picture. I mean, what if you spend all your life following catholic doctrine, only to find heaven is entirely muslim?

God's forgiving. I'd have way better chance getting in Islamic heaven than you.
Ah but would I hate myself afterwards?

Honestly, I'd just be laughing my *** off while you get burned in hell.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Proof of Hell.

Otherwise, I'm sure I'd be screwed if I ended up anywhere else. I chose to be Catholic because I made the most sense to me.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Proof of Hell.

Is this an actual link, or a fake one to make you wait forever for it to "load?"
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Is this an actual link, or a fake one to make you wait forever for it to "load?"

It loads for me immediately.

E1337. That cycle is complete B.S.
I've seen it hundreds of times before, right before the other side ran out of things to say. Besides, I haven't followed that pattern what so ever. Care to elaborate if I'm wrong?
Showing 76-90 of 169