ForumsWEPRBelieving in God brings its own Hell

169 25043
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Let's get this first thing straightened out: the title isn't literal, it's metaphorical. Just think, without religion the world would be much better. No disputes over the "right" thing to believe. That means no wars over religion. We'd have more money because we wouldn't have to donate, build churches, etc. We'd have an overall better outlook on life because our consciouses wouldn't be so powerful.

• 169 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Maybe this'll float yer boat.

God made man and woman for one another.

Not accepting God's gifts is a sin.

Thus, not accepting the other gender for sex is a sin.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

then how come animals have gay sex?

I really, really hope that's a joke.

1. Genetic mutation.

2. They can't think deep enough to resist. They're too stupid.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

God made man and woman for one another.

So...women are a gift to men?

Not accepting God's gifts is a sin.

What happened to free will that I hear so much about? This is like getting a present from your brother/friend, but you don't much like it, so you say "Thanks for the kind thought, but this just isn't my thing" and then the guy screaming "WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE IT? **** YOU MAN, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!"
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

blowhole sex.

This is off topic but...if a Dolphin breathes through their blowhole, then would doing it there be oral or...maybe this isn't a PG13 topic..
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

So...women are a gift to men?

And... Men are a gift to women.
What happened to free will that I hear so much about?

This might be hard to explain...
God gave us the choice to choose what we (physically) do in life. Whatever we want whenever we want, as long as it doesn't go against humanity's own laws. It's like you can shoot someone, but should you? Got it?
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

as long as it doesn't go against humanity's own laws.

I don't mean legal laws, I mean scientific laws.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

This might be hard to explain...
God gave us the choice to choose what we (physically) do in life. Whatever we want whenever we want, as long as it doesn't go against humanity's own laws. It's like you can shoot someone, but should you? Got it?

No...this is more like "I've got a gun to your head, you CAN try and run, but i'll blow you're brains out, your choice! (smiles)" I don't call that free will.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Firstly, you ninja'd me. Secondly, read my last post. Thirdly, it should explain what I'm trying to say.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

You do know science has made two female mice have a child that was biologically their's right?
Or a mouse that shared two male sires?

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Those were do to mutations or some other genetically acquired trait, weren't they? Y'know, like natural selection?
No...this is more like "I've got a gun to your head, you CAN try and run, but i'll blow you're brains out, your choice! (smiles)" I don't call that free will.

If you wanna stick with that explanation, explain.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

You do know science has made two female mice have a child that was biologically their's right?

You've got to admit though E1337, there would have been no child at all if not for that third party's intervention. So it's not really "just" between the 2 female mice.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

^^Aka, "Playing God"^^

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

If you wanna stick with that explanation, explain.

Not 100% sure what you're saying, do you want me to explain the metaphor? If so...

Basically, God says we have free will. Free will (to me) means that you have the power to choose/pick your own path. However, you do not have free will under threat of death/punishment, as it's a no choice. You can't honestly say you "had a choice" if someone had a gun pointed at your head and told you to do something, as refusing results in immidiate punishment.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

You're almost there Kasic. I gotta admit, you've got more brain power than the average AG user. Keep everything there except the dilly about you do not have free will under threat of death/punishment, as it's a no choice. I'm saying that instead of like enforced laws, physical and scientific laws, like what E1337 was getting at with 2 females reproducing successfully, or "Playing God."

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Not our fault science can do it better then your sky fairy.

I live my life as the role of someone who isn't quite an atheist nor quite a Catholic. I call it playin' it safe.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Keep everything there except the dilly about you do not have free will under threat of death/punishment, as it's a no choice. I'm saying that instead of like enforced laws, physical and scientific laws, like what E1337 was getting at with 2 females reproducing successfully, or "Playing God."

So you think that you still truly have free will under threat of death/punishment? Sure you "can" choose to go against it, but you'll pay. That's not much of a free choice now is it. Also, if God didn't want us to play God, why is there a way to do it?
Showing 61-75 of 169