ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839188
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

What do you guys think of Blakc Ops 2 coming out?

Never been a huge zombie fan myself. I am getting it because it's the latest and "greater" cod out. My friend will have it and I don't want to be left alone. That how activision make so much money off the games. Also, I love multiplayer, so that's all the reason. The campeign looks good too. I honestly hope they have the currency system again, I think it's more prestige friendly. They also should have 15. I'm planning on going all the way. If I find any huge info out I will just post it on my channel though. It's been kinda dry now....
rebuild
rebuild
35 posts
Nomad

The main reason i will be getting blackops 2 is for the multiplayer waw zombies can and will be still better because they can use the files from blackops 2 or make their own files to make better zombie maps with the call of duty waw offical mod tools.The main reason I am looking foward to multiplayer is for the deticated servers, new point system, and the killstreaks.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

alright guys, game stop confirmed that there will be 2025 nuketown. what does dedicated servers mean, i've heard allot of people saying that it's such a wonderful thing but i don't get what it means please elaborate

~manly man

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

What do you guys think of Blakc Ops 2 coming out?

I'm probably going to get it. I want to see how they do with this new 'futuristic' stuff. And for zombies too.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Dedicated servers is something on pc where people can do stuff.
@ImTheMostManlyMan you don't need to sign your name at the end of your post - Bored Martian

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Dedicated servers is something on pc where people can do stuff.

They're on consoles too, and they're servers that allow you to play multiplayer games.

Take CoD and BF3 for example:
Ever play both? Well you'll notice that CoD has lag often while on BF3 it doesn't show up that much. They have dedicated servers. At least that's what I think it means, I see people complaining about it a lot. CoD picks a host and we use their connection for the game, while BF3 has server rooms.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

oh ok that does make sense, i thought it would be like that when i first played Xbox live (MW2) because the only game i had played online multiplayer on was america's army where they did have it that way
@bored martian: i know

~manly man

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

what does dedicated servers mean,

Mod-friendly servers on the PC I think.
crabbyman1
crabbyman1
2 posts
Nomad

gstroy your crazy way too long, but really good ideas only if a cod maker was readin this

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

oh dear, like me he thinks that he was on the most recent page, not the first one. well since he probably won't see this let's just hope he realizes it when that page stays the same. ok and if you go onto callofduty.com/blackops2 and go onto the forums then there is a thread with a list of all of the petitions so if you would like to voice your oppinion where treyarch might see it then go

~manly man

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

what does dediccated servers mean,

Mod-friendly servers on the PC I think.

Dedicated Servers are servers that don't need a host in order to operate.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

ok well nuketown 2025 info is right here

~manly man

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Before I wasn't sure I wanted to pre order, but now I'm positive. I will mostly likely order via amazon. I know I only get a wallpaper, but it does come directly to your house. I'm lazy and it most likely will be out on a school night so I can't spend time over night. I'd rather it come while I'm at school and play the night away than go at 1 am to GameStop. Who needs the posters or dog tags anyway. Unless their is something really worthwhile coming from GameStop I'm going with amazon.
Oh yeah, I would really like to see the mountain dew and Doritos double XP come back. I had fun with that.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ahaha I just played a game and it set me up in a booster lobby. Oh boosters, how retarted you are. They think they are so cool, but I played them without boosting with randoms on my team and got a pavelow and won. Anywho let me explain what happened.
First of I was using my alt, so it's not on my "snowman921" account.
So I randomly joined a game. It was with two huge clans and I was the only non clan member in the lobby. When the game was starting I thought it would be a fun clan battle but it wasn't. It was a boosting game. After them constantly capturing and losing b flag I figured it out. I also relized after my multi kill. The people calling me "f*g" and telling me to leave also helped. Then I decided to f*ck with them. I ran in and since everyone thought that I would kill them I massacred the team easily. I got my pavelow quickly and annoyed them so much. I finished about 39-5 or something similar. Then in the pre game lobby the kept calling me "f*g" and telling me to leave. I reported every single one of them in the lobby. The game started and again I screwed up their boosting. After that they left but I decided they deserved to pay. I went to the recently met list and joined their game and messed up their boosting even more. It was fun. It's also so sad to see people like that. They think they are so cool but I practically single handedly took them all down and won. I have an important quote to share with all boosters. In the words of a retarted booster, "your a f*ggot"

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

well that sounds pretty awesome, and they seemed like such...nice people

~manly man

Showing 2761-2775 of 3990