ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839348
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I'm getting Black Ops 2 in a couple of days, and am a complete n00b.
Can you give any pointers to a CoD beginner?

Everyone always recommends combat training but they act nothing like normal players they are ok for training accuracy and learning maps but you may as well get xp while you train so I just recommend to jump straight in a game and work your way up how I started playing cod and I did just fine.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

How long does it take to unlock what I need?

It depends on your playstyle, but you should be able to find a list of everything (perks, guns, etc.) online.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Been watching my brother play the campaign (and done some playing myself) but dude did they do a good job not only on gameplay but story as well, it's like an (excellent) interactive movie. Whatever the dude who did the joker's name is did a really good job.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Look mommy, im prestige! Im not sure whether to be proud of how much I played or ashamed. Ah well.
My KD isnt that great. It sorta hovers around 1.1 to 1.0. Thats not really great considering I had a 1.3 in mw3. This game is way harder than the others.
I havent really tried quickscoping much. I had a few sniping games were I was surprised and forced to quickscope, but thats it. Does it work much? I havent had much luck when I do try.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Maybe I'd buy this if it wasn't 70 bucks. ._.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

I havent really tried quickscoping much. I had a few sniping games were I was surprised and forced to quickscope, but thats it. Does it work much? I havent had much luck when I do try.

N00bscoping is horrendously easy.

So there was a new update today for lag compensation, played MP and I experienced no lag at all. Might be like before and go downhill but at least it'll be better for being worse than today.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

@manly it feels more balanced to me. Look, the main sniping guns are the dsr50 and the ballista. The ballista can zoom in faster, but is only a one shot kill if you hit above the waste and have good aim. The dsr50 takes longer to aim with, but consistently gets more one shot kills. The others are semi auto matic that are barely used by the quick scoping community.
And I haven't really noticed much of a lag diffirence.
Also, I perma unlocked ghost. Best decision ever. I can literally see the suprise on people's faces when they have a uav up and I pop up right in front of them. It's fantastic. I team it with marathon to keep moving faster. I love it.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Yesterday, I felt like everything was alright. My deaths felt like they were my fault. This morning, I was killed by a pistol inside a small room while I was holding a shot gun. Oh well, at least there are zombies.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Got to second prestige earlier. I discovered the mercenary moshpit or whatever it's called, no parties allowed and teams are random. Way better than the other gamemodes if you're playing solo. It offers several gamemodes and you're not matched against a full party of people on fourth+ prestige.

walshymusic
walshymusic
48 posts
Nomad

the zombies mode on BO2 has me hooked... ive been playing nonstop since it came out, it is so fascinating.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Well I unlocked the fire select attachment for the SWAT, gunna see what it's like tomorrow. I think that it'll be pretty awesome and worth the pain and suffering it's caused me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I feel like the AN-94 is the only assault rifle worth using. I played with it for a good half hour last night before prestiging and it drops people quickly, it also has very little recoil. Way less than the others.

But if you want some cheesy setups then use the two semi-auto assault rifles with the select fire attachment. They do so much damage per shot.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

@GoM
The AN and the M8 are the only decent ones for me. The rest suck. I haven't really tried them all yet simply because there is no need. I use the pdw in most of my classes and I dominate.
And I got an AGR today. I discovered that it can't climb stairs. What the actual f***.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

@ earlier GoM post that I just saw.
Yeah, Merc Mosh is great. I have been playing pretty much only that since I don't play in parties much. I really don't have a group either. Most people have a bunch of guys. I play with one or two at a time for the most part. It has a lot to do with a lot of my friends don't have the game yet, which is unacceptable.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Well at least for Xbox there's a loophole for the Mer Mosh, you can invite someone to game and get them on private chat so they can work together while not being asked to change anything.

Showing 3301-3315 of 3990