ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34814
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
Pacmanateyou
Pacmanateyou
255 posts
Nomad

Who will the actual Tournament planners be?

Who will organize this Tournament and run it?

How do you sign up, what's the format?

These are questions I have :L

-Pac

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

same and i would like to join if possible..a nd i diddnt quilt understand..but anyway ...whats the format and can i help get thing going if whoevr is doing this needs a helping hand

40P2P
40P2P
161 posts
Nomad

No one has organized it yet. Its just a thread waiting for someone to take over tourney.

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

ok....i would be willing to give some major help and if know one wishes to do this i can do so.... and i would very much like to put down some playing rules...yos...made some..i go and find them and post them here...i think this should be run as a community with a figure head...sort of like a government..so rules and stuff are decided by a bord of people..of which consists of all the player who wish to be on the government/bord/commity and we can vote for president and vice presidet..for decitions

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

40P2P wrote:
No one has organized it yet. Its just a thread waiting for someone to take over tourney.

In that case, may I take over this tournament cormyn? I've already started a thread for a Colony tournament, but it's also a tournament for Exit Path and Stick Arena Ballistick. It's really a multiplayer game tournament. I've hosted a Colony tournament before.

Link to thread:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7823920/umgos-annual-tournament/page/1

or

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7823920/umgos-annual-tournament/page/1

If you want to see the thread on a different site (with the first post being constantly updated):

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showthread.php?231373-UMGO-s-Annual-Tournament

or

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showthread.php?231373-UMGO-s-Annual-Tournament
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I lold. I can't believe people still play this game. A 31 day ban for cheating in a flash game tournament? Really? Don't you think that's oh, I don't know, a little bit over-kill? I realize my post will probably end up deleted, but I feel like there should be someone else in charge of the tournament other than you Cormyn, that's if the tournament will even work out (which it never does.)

Oh, also, I'm sure fasty was circumventing his ban to keep the tournament going. Making fake emails for that is totally worth it.

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

thank you Cholokid for all your support. and its good to know there are people out there that really appreciate this.... thanyou for all your amazing support on trying to do this.

anyway.....hank you do understand that this torney wont just be your one with a different name....i think we need to set up some ground rules

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

thank you Cholokid for all your support. and its good to know there are people out there that really appreciate this.... thanyou for all your amazing support on trying to do this.

anyway.....hank you do understand that this torney wont just be your one with a different name....i think we need to set up some ground rules

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Cholokid, I can't believe you still post on Colony threads.

Many people still play Colony. It is rare to see people from 2009 and early 2010, but the decent people from mid and late 2010 still play.

Being banned for hacking started a little over a month ago.

As for Fasty, I knew he came back a few weeks ago. He said cormyn lifted his ban. As a player in Colony, Fasty play at a high level; but the way he approaches the community is sad.

Now about the Tournament:

Most the the Colony community knows I have issues with the state of the game so what I am suggesting will make sense to them.

-2v2
-double elimination
-enforced schedule
-normal best of 3 / loser-finals best of 5 / champion best of 7
-Normal first match / loser decides next type / each team can veto a type

That is all I have to say.

Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

A 31 day ban for cheating in a flash game tournament? Really? Don't you think that's oh, I don't know, a little bit over-kill

It isn't overkill, I think it is brilliant that anyone caught hacking/glitching will get a period ban because otherwise we will end up with loads of noobs trying to ruin tourney.:L

that's if the tournament will even work out (which it never does.)

There has actually been several tournaments that have been carried out and ended with a successful outcome.

-2v2
-double elimination
-enforced schedule
-normal best of 3 / loser-finals best of 5 / champion best of 7
-Normal first match / loser decides next type / each team can veto a type

Not sure about making this a 2v2 tournament, 1v1 is standard.
I think the idea of making it possible for the loser to choose the next game mode would be pretty interesting but I'm not sure if all settings should be included. I mean, DF will just end in double/single fascist forge on both sides and rushing scouts...Not a very interesting tourney match. Lol.
inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

yes..i think it should be best of 5 for every game 3 norm 1 cw and ss. and 2v2 is how the game was designed to be played. i think the rest of yosie rules should be implyed.

yos..u sent me a list of rules u had for a 2v2 torney..what were they...do u still have them?
i think for a person to enter they need to be able to beet me and yos in best of 5 normal 2v2. i say this becase we both nearly allways go forge builds and any two semi pros should be able to beat us useing a good planed out strat or..analizing us after one match and changing strats to be able to counter 2 forgers, whitch shoulded be very hard with team work..but a way of letting only a higher standered of players enter..and more importanly only active player who will be able to play. will be nessacery

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I feel like there should be someone else in charge of the tournament other than you Cormyn

I've never said I was running the tournament. I was just starting an official tournament thread.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I've never said I was running the tournament. I was just starting an official tournament thread.

And setting some (unfair) rules. Back when I used to come here a lot, it took a pretty big offense to get a 7 day ban. But I guess hacking a flash game, which is common keep in mind, is worth a 31 day ban.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

How are the rules for this unfair? The rules I set were about the thread, with the exception of a rule we've had for several weeks now that hacking in a multiplayer game will get you banned from the site (it ruins the experience for honest players). We also prohibit posting of hack information, etc., so how is hacking NOT an offense? I don't care if it's "common" as you claim, it's against our rules and that's that. I will help enforce the rules of the site, period.

This is also not the place to debate rules/bans. We've obviously had to crack down a lot on rules because people were getting way out of control. Feel free to comment on my profile, or send me an Email.

Folks, if this conversation keeps going off-topic, instead of around someone else organizing the tournament, then I'm just going to shut down this thread, and you folks can arrange the tournament through some other means than our forums.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Another suggestion:

Why don't we get a few people organize, instead of one person.

Showing 1-15 of 171