ForumsWEPRReasons to be an Atheist .

660 146886
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Alright I have been researching theories talking with other Atheists and I have discovered some people who are Atheists but for the wrong reasons like...
1.Settling a score with God because they hate him for (whatever)reasons.
2.Just because.
Some good reasons...
1.There is no evidence.
2.A book written by primitive people is no proof for any God/Gods.
3.Nothing can be omniscient and omnipotent.
Any other reasons can be stated for I am interested in some of your reasons or reasons not to be.

• 660 Replies
babiker
babiker
46 posts
Nomad

if u realy dont believe in anything, that would probably make life harder. i mean besides in having to believe in god u would lose trust in your family and friends. like if u were a christian with a lot of christian friends and family and suddenly became an atheist u would lose half the meaning in your life, soon forget y your want to live anymore.

if u have the right experiences u will know that this is the most reason why people stick to their mane religion
(by the way im muslim)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

if u realy dont believe in anything, that would probably make life harder. i mean besides in having to believe in god u would lose trust in your family and friends. like if u were a christian with a lot of christian friends and family and suddenly became an atheist u would lose half the meaning in your life, soon forget y your want to live anymore.

Let me point out the fact that people aren't so narrowminded these days to ostracize one another simply because one swaps religion. I know a family with Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists and Protestants all rolled into one. Yet they're still close knit.
babiker
babiker
46 posts
Nomad

i guess is happens, but rarely

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

i guess is happens, but rarely

Actually, let me clarify; how in the world did you get the notion that one would lose a lot of meaning in one's life? By virtue of one dropping one's religion, it already shows that one doesn't derive much meaning from praying to God.
babiker
babiker
46 posts
Nomad

i mean i have i friend in ksa (kingdom of Saudi Arabia) who became an atheist. hes family disowned him and most of his friends wont talk talk to him anymore. u know most countrys dont have as much freedom as in the united states. u guys r so lucky u can even choose your own religion.

did u know u get killed there if u were Muslim and rejected out of islam?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

i mean i have i friend in ksa (kingdom of Saudi Arabia) who became an atheist. hes family disowned him and most of his friends wont talk talk to him anymore. u know most countrys dont have as much freedom as in the united states. u guys r so lucky u can even choose your own religion.

That's not a problem of being atheist per se, it's a problem with the society/religious community you're in. Not believing in any deity doesn't affect much your side of the relationship to your family and friends, the other side however can react pretty extremely to such a news, like you said. It's sad such things still happen, and I guess in such cases the only thing left is acting like a religious person in order to not offend the other side of the relationship.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Can you talk like a normal human?
killkid
killkid
38 posts
Nomad

Anyone ever seen the movie " the invention of lying"?
it talks about how a man created this man in the sky watching over everyone and making things happen as he chooses. The 10 commandants were written on pizza boxes, and he made people believe he was jesus, sent to save everyone.

10 bucks says that's how it all started.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

and I guess in such cases the only thing left is acting like a religious person in order to not offend the other side of the relationship.

Or, if possible, try to leave that place in question.
Can you talk like a normal human?

I didn't see anything wrong with the way he wrote, unless you really mean talk, then I wouldn't know, because I never heard him.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

I didn't see anything wrong with the way he wrote, unless you really mean talk, then I wouldn't know, because I never heard him.

Errr... he is talking in texting language.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Errr... he is talking in texting language.

If you can understand him, it's good enough. This is the internet and I'm also guessing that English isn't his first language. I can understand him just fine, although occasionally he doesn't elaborate enough on what he's saying.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

1 Kings 7:23 "He made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."

Circumference = Pi() x Diameter, which means the line would have to have been over 31 cubits. In order for this to be rounding, it would have had to overstate the amount to ensure that the line did "compass it round about."

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says "...Saul took a sword and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead and...died with him. So Saul died..."

2 Samuel 21:12 says "...the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa."

Wait What?

Source.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

saudi arabia is just a messed up place to begin whit.
about all countrys in the world your free to choose your religion. even in the communist countrys (dunno anout N-korea) or dictatorships.
LilystarofFlameclan1
LilystarofFlameclan1
169 posts
Nomad

does atheist mean that you dont believe in god?

LilystarofFlameclan1
LilystarofFlameclan1
169 posts
Nomad

if it does, then i will speak further.

i dont believe in god. it makes no sense for there to be one.

Showing 346-360 of 660