ForumsThe TavernGender

149 16859
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

If you could be a boy or a girl, which would you CHOOSE to be. I would be a boy because we don't have to worry about our rugged good looks. XD

• 149 Replies
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Oh, wait, I got lost. Sorry.
Are we debating whether stereotypes are good or bad in society?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Are we debating whether stereotypes are good or bad in society?

In the Stereotype thread, we are.
But here it is about gender.
I think that not wanting to try out being a girl is wrong! All guys should give it a chance, since technically they were girls first, before they became guys.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think it's just a little disturbing to... just want to switch genders. Even if it's just to try it. You do realize that your sexual preferences would switch? If you're aware you used to be a certain gender, that could provide some mental trauma. At least in my case.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well the OP is just being a gender for your whole life, so you have to think that you wouldn't like girls, or boys. It would be the opposite. Get it?

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I believe I understand. I am a straight male now, so provided I made the switch, I would be a straight female, thus making me attracted to men. If I was aware I made the sexuality switch, that would be traumatizing.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well you were a baby girl during your mothers pregnancy. At least, for a little while.
ARE YOU TRAUMATIZED YET?!

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

No, that doesn't traumatize me. It was a very short time, during which I wasn't capable of thought or function.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

You do realize that your sexual preferences would switch

Well, I picked to be a guy on the thought that I would have my same soul ( I guess ) and that my body would just be different...
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Jk, though. :P

Maybe being a guy would be fun. You don't have to deal with as much.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Well, I picked to be a guy on the thought that I would have my same soul ( I guess ) and that my body would just be different...

Hm... This brings up an interesting topic. Provided you kept your mind but made the physical switch, would you be a homosexual?

And no problem at all, Moon. And I do agree. I believe men are better equipped to manage the everyday world.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

My radar just picked up a different opinion that can be used to generate debate!

Same soul? Interesting way of thought, Pie...
That would mean that in a hypothetical situation, you would be a man with a womans soul. But who is to say that a soul isn't built upon by what goes on in your life?
This boils down to what ones opinion on souls are... hmmmmm
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Ninja'd ! o:

And no problem at all, Moon. And I do agree. I believe men are better equipped to manage the everyday world.

What makes you say that? > >

Hm... This brings up an interesting topic. Provided you kept your mind but made the physical switch, would you be a homosexual?

Yes, but who's to say what a soul is? It's purely opinion... there isn't much to debate if it incorporates hardly any facts.
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

That would mean that in a hypothetical situation, you would be a man with a womans soul. But who is to say that a soul isn't built upon by what goes on in your life?

Hmmm well that requires some thinking...
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Exactly.

So I advise that we decide what we want our arguments-sake soul is, and continue from there.

So far, it's between something that changes with life experience, or ....(someone fill in the blank!)

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

...or something that you were destined with no matter physical body? idk :S

Showing 61-75 of 149