ForumsThe TavernGender

149 16858
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

If you could be a boy or a girl, which would you CHOOSE to be. I would be a boy because we don't have to worry about our rugged good looks. XD

• 149 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Your personality. If I were to say what a soul is, it would definitely be that. How you look at life, what you act like, how you deal with things, that sort of area.

I think we're straying from the OP though. It said, "If you could choose to be born again" which would imply that you would start off as a baby. You would just switch and have to get used to it again, it would be like another life.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

We are straying from the OP's original means, but it does have to do with it.

If we were to be born again, would we have the same soul? Because if we did, would our soul be like our current life, or would it be different?

Hm... This brings up an interesting topic. Provided you kept your mind but made the physical switch, would you be a homosexual?

See? If your soul is your personality, would it change with the gender switch or would it remain the same?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Hm... This brings up an interesting topic. Provided you kept your mind but made the physical switch, would you be a homosexual?

That should be quoted, in my post... Sorry for the double.
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Okay, so say that your soul is like, your personality, the way you look at life and such. So then this question may be different if it is under those circumstances... right? Because it asks if you could be a boy or a girl which would you choose to be... but it doesn't say anything about the soul thing.. it says "which would ~you~ choose" so does that mean that you would have the same soul as normal..? Maybe I'm just confusing things even moree..

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I could have sworn I posted...oh well.

See? If your soul is your personality, would it change with the gender switch or would it remain the same?

Well, if we're talking about being reborn, presumably it would stay the same.

but it doesn't say anything about the soul thing

So why are we including it?

it says "which would ~you~ choose"

Let's go with, "If you died at this very moment and had the choice to be reborn as a girl or a boy, which would you choose?" You would be reborn as the same &quoterson" per-say, just as the gender you chose.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well the question is different, because if a man chose to be a girl in this conversation, we have concluded that hypothetically he would be born again as a little baby girl. But what we are talking about now is IF he would have the same personality as he was when he was a man, or if his soul would be a clean slate, in this case soul meaning experience.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

or if his soul would be a clean slate, in this case soul meaning experience.

For experience I would think you would have no memory of your previous life, so it would be a clean slate.

We could get into nature vs nurture, which would lead off to a lot of other things such as whether you were born as the same race, to the same family, whether or not it would be like a reset of your life, whether the same events would happen in your life, but I feel that it over-complicates things a bit.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

but I feel that it over-complicates things a bit.

So to refrain from over-complicating this... I should probably leave...

But I can't help but question. Maybe it is because I just finished re-reading The Host. *shrug*

You should all read that book, it's pretty great.

I shall return when some other opinions arrive
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I might be a girl if I got to live in a different environment with the same personality. If I had to live my current life as a girl, I wouldn't really want to.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

While all things penile are pretty great, I'd still prefer to be a girl because we can get guys to do anything by batting our eyelashes.
Although I have yet to get Mav to make me a sammich >.>

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

While all things penile are pretty great, I'd still prefer to be a girl because we can get guys to do anything by batting our eyelashes.
Although I have yet to get Mav to make me a sammich >.>

Uh, honey, some of us, like me, can be immune when we want to. -.-
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Uh, honey, some of us, like me, can be immune when we want to. -.-

Ok, sorry for over-generalizing.
We can get many guys to do what we want by batting our eyelashes.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

@Moon: (sorry for continuing) Also, what if you had the same appearance, only in the opposite gender of your representation?

Don't apologize! I feed on this stuff!

So if you looked the same? As in facial features, but not the body? Might have to clarify what all is changed in appearance and what isn't.

The author is the same person who wrote Twilight. ._.

But it's still a good book.

I totally thought Alexis triple posted. @_@
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

im glad nobody noticed that i made my last post without reading the previous posts...

before you talk about reincarnation (to be born again after death) you should read this.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

I just dont see why anyone would want to be a girl, because honestly (at least for me) everything kinda stinks....and btw the author of the host is stephanie myer @jeol

Showing 76-90 of 149