ForumsThe Tavernwho loves snow?[or hate]

85 11885
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

i can like it if i don't have to shovel when mother nature is spittin snow the hole day!!!

• 85 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It's nice to see an average amount of snow on winter days, but I don't like it when it's snowing heavily and I can't move around outside.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Where I come from there used to be a lot of snow, up to a meter in a day. xD

Where I live now, I'm lucky to see 3 or 4 cm.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I have never seen snow on this god accursed tropical island. I do like to see snow whenever I travel abroad though. Makes a change.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have never seen snow on this god accursed tropical island.

I'd like to visit Malaysia one day because of the many books I read on Medieval trading, spice roads, spice wars, etc, the name of Malacca (it's once famous port) comes to mind every time. but I wouldn't like to live in tropical weather all the time.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I live in Singapore my friend....not the giant neighbour to the North.

It's fine actually, considering I shuttle between my house and school mostly, both of which are air conditioned.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I live in Singapore my friend....not the giant neighbour to the North.

Isn't Singapore situated at the entrance of the Strait of Malacca?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It is, but we are not part of Malaysia, and it's a sticking point that lots of Singaporeans grumble about when people group us together with the rest of the Malaysian states.

And, Malacca and Singapore were two entirely different ports, I'm sure you know.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And, Malacca and Singapore were two entirely different ports, I'm sure you know.

Yes I do.

I love snow so much that I enjoy watching the winter Olympics and movies with snow such as Die Hard 2, The Thing (the version with Kurt Russell), On Her Majesty's Secret Services (James Bond) and some Japanese movie I saw a long time ago it was about 3 ghosts stories and one of them happened in winter.

If I could chose my death when I'm very old, I would like to walk in a white out and fall asleep as I get numb from the cold and never wake up again. Seriously, that's how much I love snow.

I met most of my GF during winter. Why is that? I wish I knew.
TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I love snow!!!

RagingFury
RagingFury
34 posts
Nomad

You know in Canada or at least in Manitoba it has to be at least -45C before they close the schools so its always like -40 and we have to go to school.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

God, I wish it snowed here soon. It'd help with this writer's block that's plaguing me.

Also, I really, really want to go ski.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

You know in Canada or at least in Manitoba it has to be at least -45C before they close the schools so its always like -40 and we have to go to school.

Wow I haven't seen -40 in a long time. Don't you like it when it feels like invisible bugs are biting you all over because it's so cold.
I tried riding my mountain bike once in -45 but I gave up. xD
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

You can ski.

Still not the same. Skiing is just like sliding down the snow.. Skating u do tricks and all tht other good stuff... Idk how to skate id luv to learn how tho.. But i live in country so BLEH :P

"Do or do not. There is no try."
RagingFury
RagingFury
34 posts
Nomad

Actually I don't like it when I'm so cold that it feels like little bugs are biting me. Just my own personal opinion apparently.

Although this year has been mild or very warm on comparison.
Only about -10 to - 20 so not too bad.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Actually I don't like it when I'm so cold that it feels like little bugs are biting me. Just my own personal opinion apparently.

I was joking when I was saying that. I don't mind -30, -35 but lower than this it's starts to hurt and it's hard to breath, especially when you ride a mountain bike wearing a hood, ski goggles, and boots, it's harder to move as well. xD
Showing 31-45 of 85