124 posts
Nomad

I gotta go with bush...

• 102 Replies
Greaper1243
Greaper1243
19 posts
Nomad

I am pressed to agree. Hitler did some bad things, but Bush has done even worse things!!!

klosetkid
klosetkid
124 posts
Nomad

its true

Greaper1243
Greaper1243
19 posts
Nomad

DO you know how many times he has violated the constution... he should already have been put into jail

kontractkilla01
kontractkilla01
157 posts
Nomad

wrong forum

icer2312
icer2312
9 posts
Nomad

At least Hitler knew what he was doing.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

i'd say hitler, mainly because he was being INTETIONALLY evil. I hate bush, don't get me wrong. But hitler is plenty worse.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

Hitler by a mile.

Even if you combine ALL the conspiracy theories and what ever else surrounding Bush he's nowhere near as bad as Hitler.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I want to see this game. hehe wrong forum.

At least Hitler knew what he was doing.

and that makes bush worse how? I would say if some one broke my computer on purpose is worse then someone who did on accident.
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

This needs to be moved into the, "The Tavern," or the, "World politics etc."

Zaxnort
Zaxnort
8 posts
Nomad

Why would you put this in the video games forum?

It belongs in the world politics forum. :|

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I have two words:

GODWIN'S LAW.

Please, people, at least try to justify your positions here and explain the basis of your assertion. Why do you believe Bush was 'worse' than Hitler, or vice-versa? Upon what standards are you deciding who is 'worse'? How will you deal with the vast contextual differences?

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

This thread shouldn't even have been made. It's Hitler by miles. There's no way Bush could ever compare to him in terms of raw evil (which I personally don't think Bush is, just more idiotic and out of touch then evil).

To even begin to compare, Bush would have to forcibly take complete and utter power in the country (Hitler did this when *someone* burned one of the major governmental buildings, letting him declare a state of emergency and grant him absolute authority at which point he declared himself ruler for life and disbanded the legislative body if I remember correctly).

He'd also have to start a war, against the entire world. That's right, not just what are more similar to peacekeeping actions in several countries, but all out war with drafts and hundreds of thousands dieing (7 million from Germany alone during the war years, not including those in the Holocaust). Then, when it was obvious that he'd lost, Bush would have to 'unish' his country for losing by forcing people to keep fighting so that any potential recovery afterwards would be long and painful.

And on top of that, there would have to be a genocide on the scale of millions. Innocent people put to death for no reason rather then you weren't liked.

Bush hasn't done any of that, and I honestly believe that he thinks what he's doing is good (even though it hurts a lot of people). Bush isn't evil, perhaps misguided, but not evil while Hitler was irredeemably vile. The two don't even compare, and to do so risks belittling what Hitler actually did, and making it easier for people to disregard things like the holocaust.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

How will you deal with the vast contextual differences?

Personnaly, I don't think you can compare them. As Strop said, there are vast contextual differences!
How can you compare the leader of a totalitarian regime to the actual president of the States?
SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Personnaly, I don't think you can compare them. As Strop said, there are vast contextual differences!
How can you compare the leader of a totalitarian regime to the actual president of the States?

The only way you could do so would be in a hypothetical situation where Bush refused to give up power in the next year or tried to take it sooner, and because this hasn't happened and most likely won't happen, it's pretty easy to see who is the worse of the two.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Seeing as George Bush is just a figurehead that is really controlled by the rest of the American Government System, I would say that Hitler is worse.

Hitler was in charge of the force that he sent out to destroy millions of lives. No-one made him do it, he just choose to get followers to kill all of the Jews...

KingRyan

Showing 1-15 of 102