ForumsWEPRHow is not being christain weird?

147 21421
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok, so as ive posted before i am forced to go to church and all, well today i was going into the youth wing of the church and the usual greetings, same people etc. except today someone brought up something about all other religions are stupid, and everyone in them is stupid. well this made me very mad (because yes i am an athiest), and i said: what makes you so certain that god is true, and i tried to explain that they were not being fair, suddenly for some reason i was being called weird...by everyone. so i was spending the entire 3 hours i was there listening to people call me weird and trying to explain other views on life. so this is what i want to know, how is having another view on life weird?

• 147 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I would say these dinosaurs were definately real. We of course have the proof, but in the bible, I believe that that wasn't a dinosaur that he saw. Maybe the animal back then was a decendant of a dinosaur, but not an actual one. They died out when that meteor hit, but there were dinosaurs.

Not sure if I'm exactly on the same page.

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

i don't think any religion is weird in my opinion. Of course, since i'm christian, i don't think it's right, but hey, i live in a free country, so i don't care what other people's religions are

kooby
kooby
23 posts
Nomad

i dont know

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

It doesn't matter if it was or it wasn't. Since [I'm speaking biblically] we can't tell how long Gods day was, Dino's coulda been around. God never mentioned there was other life, or mentioned there wasn't. Its only known he has dominion over all he's created. Who's to say he didn't hold the same power over dino's?

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Dun really like the last paragraph, no offence, but A christian saying I'm going to hell always hurts. Speccially since I live in America. >.<

ANYWAY, Switchfoot is now the nominee for the longest COPIED post in AG history. -Clap Clap-

I like what it says though, but, That does go against scientific evidence about 6000 years.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

-.- To a christian, it could kick ass all it wants. IN the same way, I could tell you that since you're not a subject to Islam your going to hell. Isn't that right? But how would you like it if everyone on earth tells YOU that you're gonna be in an eternal fire of pain and suffering because your beleifs are different?

By the way, Faith is all you need. Agreeing with that. [Yet, Science helps when Faith isn't included in the problem, since, I'd always be curious to things that science can answer for me, and science is a ton of theories]

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Ok asherleee i read and i think it makes perfect sense

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Never has a fossil been unearthed with human bones in the same stratum of earth. never. That seems like a significant fault. But since this is a topic on the relative peculiarity of being non-christian, I don't see the value in carrying on a discussion about this.

To the topic, I agree with previous posts that it may be challenging to confront a parent or parents about differing beliefs when you are so young. BUT, when you get closer to 18, you find that you have more reason for having these opinions and they are more relevant and meaningful to you. At that point, it might be a good idea to DISCUSS rather than rant and rave, as may be the case in your current situation. I'd say just go with the motions until you get a litttle bit older. That's what I did

Heh heh, it looks like the thread has deviated quite a bit from its original goal...

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Umm... Switchfoot? I can't believe you think that makes sense. You were ranting on about how God created the dinosaurs and humans at the same time. Well, that would be correct If the Bible was true. What if we should have faith in Science and not the Bible?. Seriously, where is the proof that the bible is true?

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

@hojoko

Charles Spurgeon once said, "The Bible is like a lion. The best way to defend it from the skeptic is to let it out of its cage."

I believe the bible is a historical accurate account of creation and God's relationship to Man. When examining the bible from a purely scientific perspective, you will see a single book, comprised of many authors, that wrote prophetic words predicting the death of Jesus.

You will also find a book that is completely coherent and non-contradictory even though it was written by 40 different authors over a span of several hundred years.

So I believe the 'Burden of Proof' is on you to prove the bible is un-true.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I have no proof that the Bible is untrue. However, carbon dating of fossiles leads MOST scientists to believe that the Dinosaurs died out WAY over 6000 years ago. Besides, if dinosaurs were around 6000 years ago, where are they now? Why is there no accoubt of them except in the Bible? Also, please explain the Homo Habilis, Homo Erectis, Homo Neanderthalis, and all the other early human species.

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

@Switchfoot

I disagree about your statement saying that the Bible and Science go against each other.

In fact, I believe its the other way around. In Hebrews 1:3 it says "God sustains everything by the mighty power of his command.â

Science still can't prove why the nucleus and protein of an atom stay together. They have some good guesses, but it doesn't go much past that.

Science still hasn't answered the origin of life, or the creation of the universe question either. (Aside from a couple theories that overtime only seem to get dis proven as advances in science get made)

Ex: The Miller Experiement
*This is taught in school to explain the 're-earth' conditions that made life possible.

Science magazine wrote in 1995 that experts now dismiss Millerâs experiment because âthe early atmosphere looked nothing like the Miller-Urey simulation'. Funny thing is; The science books in schools have not been updated to reflect the new information. Seems like they would rather teach incorrect science, than give creationism a chance.

Ironically, to say that science is the only begetter of truth is self-contradicting, because that statement in itself cannot be tested by the scientific method. It's a self defeating philosophical assumption. -Stephen C. Meyer PHD

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I never said science was the begetter of truth. I only said I trusted science over the Bible.

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

Go to Google and type 'is carbon dating accurate' and you will get some interesting things to read.

Most experts agree that Carbon dating isn't accurate beyond a few 1,000 years due to unknown variables such as the amount of carbon present when the dinosaurs were around.

Re: Homo-skeltons
*They found a bunch of skulls. I'm not saying that species don't evolve or change over time, but to say we evolved from fish leaves to many gaps and missing links in the puzzles.

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

To say you trust science, pre-supposes that you think it is the begetter of truth. If you didn't you would not trust science.

Showing 91-105 of 147