ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46081653
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

33. I'm waiting forward for some contests. The prize is high so there should be enough attention. The only one that I don't see even a slightest chance is Builder. Never even tried to make a simple castle in Crush The Castle, let alone something competitive.

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

34. crush the castle and other games with player levels are not so popular these days, i think it will be hard to make builder contests anytime soon but at least, we have regular Artist contests or Poetry

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

35. Well, when was the last player level contest and what was it for?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

36. I only know of games like crush the castle that had level building contests. But they're not that popular right now. Except for angry birds which isn't on AG. And is it even popular anymore? No one is making any new ones like those either! IMO those quests should be classified as impossible to get (in practice, but really who's going the make one now)?

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

37. interresting question, i checked with the forum search with [Official], because it has to be official and aproved to grant quest etc, i found no "builder" contest but at least i found this :
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12340653/official-armor-games-contest-quests-updated-03-11-2015?page=1 and especially the page 3
what is weird, it is that even if i found no builder contest, there is 21 player with the quest, i wonder how they achieved it

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

38. Once I saw a contest of building levels in a game that wasn't Crush The Castle but I have no idea if the quests were granted.

@FishPreferred I'm pretty sure that you won this quest. I saw that you made at least 100 levels in CTC2PP after all. And I assume that they're at least as good as that one on "HFP Are You?".

Could you possibly tell us some details on level building contests?

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

39. in http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12340653/official-armor-games-contest-quests-updated-03-11-2015?page=1 Gantic explain " Most of these are run by moderators. The other two? or maybe just one? is run by users (a couple of whom are Knights), but a contest has to be approved to be 'official'."
but again, games with level editor are less popular nowadays and organizing a contest is not easy task

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

40. Who wants to tag Gantic and get it done?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

FishPreferred I'm pretty sure that you won this quest. I saw that you made at least 100 levels in CTC2PP after all. And I assume that they're at least as good as that one on "HFP Are You?".
I do indeed have that quest, because I was one of the contest's original judges. That thread is here.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

1. Belated congratulations on your last successful attempt

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

42. first rules about the mods and admins club, don't name them or they show up and reset the count
@FishPreferred ah, the searching system in the forum didn't find it when i looked for it (or maybe i missed it cause it was at the very last page, february 01 2014 ...)
oh and goodnight btw ^^

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

1. reset because ninjaed by @UnleashedUponMankind ^^

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

2. This is the Holy Grail. It is yours now.

It's also cursed but you don't know that.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

3. Wow! A holy Grail! I wonder where did you find it and why is there an ominous are coming out of it!

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

4. I've got like 7 of those in my bedroom.

Showing 69541-69555 of 78377