analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,588 Replies
18. Yeah, I agree. If 16 is 80 % then that means that AP is... 80% goes to 0.8, then x*.8=16, so .8 goes over- no under, and since .8 is just 4/5, we can write it as 5*16/4 which is... 12.8? No, that can't be right... You can't join AG if you're under 13... Then. uhhhhh.
20! It's 20! And I didn't even have to guess a single number! As I was saying, I agree. 20 years old makes you, as I said two years ago, "an old [CENSORED] man". So how's the retirement going, AP? You have grandkids yet?
Hm. Don't know of *any* philosophical hotel reception games. Pls, giv more information.
19. This one was tricky...I read scillers post about twenty and nearly started to count with twenty-one!
20 years old makes you, as I said two years ago, "an old [CENSORED] man". So how's the retirement going, AP? You have grandkids yet?
yeah, I'm an old man now, just about to retire. And dude, all of my grandchildren have been growing so fast recently, it's insane! I still kinda remember the "gooden" olden "goldenen" (English adjective declension is a thing now) days when I was young... if only the Fountain of Youth was real!
Enjoy your youth, guys, because once you turn 15, things just go downhill =/
I want my youth back
@portarto Good job and welcome!
Ap, you're not that old lol
Now, once you get to 21, then you're as good as dead and buried.
22. Ain't that the truth? I'm 17 now. I've gone bald when I was 16. For some reason, I thought it wouldn't happen, as my puberty was belated, happening only at the age of 3. And I still had baby teeth by the age of 4!
But that's not true, [Adjective][Noun]! My great-grandfather on my grandmother on my mother's side's side lived to the ripe old age of 23, and he still helped around the farm when he was 22. Ah. in the end, his lungs caught up with him. He'd been smoking since he was 1.5 years old... I can't help but wonder if a similar thing will happen with my liver.
In other news, I am now fully armored and have the ability to not die pathetically to rats or disgruntled birds, though I will still die if attacked by any human with armor or a stick. Great success!
23. Congrats on the armor! Here's hoping no humans with sticks approach you. In other news, I beat Give Up 2 and am working on Bonus E. After all the time I've played the game, I can say with absolute certainty that the game isn't actually that good it's not worth your time.
24. Oh, nice! good luck on Bonus E!
In unrelated news, atfer a tough week doing homework, tests and working on college assignments, I was able to trim down the "heap of college stuff" I had to do... next deadline is only for early December, so I took a break and played some Hollow Knight
I'm gonna try to beat the pantheons (i.e. boss-rush-like levels) with all bindings (something that increases the difficulty of those levels) in that game, I was able to beat the first two ones like that today, but man, difficulty scales incredibly quickly! (there are 5 in total)
Tomorrow I could probably spend all day playing, but I'd better not... college deadlines are distant, but I'd better watch out
25. good and bad
Rules say "Posts with no numbers should be ignored." just trying to say im on the latest page but see ZERO replies
EDIT: K so the actual page is 5062, but when u click last page it goes wayyyy past that of pages with no replies. goes to like 5100+
26. I'm hoping to get to you... @IIxQuestQueenxII . You stumbled upon our peculiar situation. It's been broken like this for probably a year or so now. A long time. We've learned to deal with it. So far, the solution is to press the little light-coloured "last post" button.
IMO, the last post button should be removed, and the "main" button should take over the last post button's function. I know saying my opinion will not change anything. So why don't I delete it? Eh, I'm emotionally attached to it now.
Komissar! What do we do now? I say we go on, but I don't make the rules.
And, before I forget, good luck with Bonus E! I know some people who cheated their way to the achievement. Those evil, evil, horrid men who deserver to be put in a pillory and have rotten parsnip thrown at them. Usually, parsnip by itself is horrendous enough, but it's a vile enough crime I'm willing to go one step further.
@sciller45 You go on. Their post does not invalidate, nor count towards, the Count.
@everyone: non-counts (posts without a number) do not restart the count. However, you still shouldn't post without a number, as is also mentioned in the rules. Not only are non-counts not participating to the game, they might potentially disturb other counters. So please try to avoid it whenever possible, thanks. Exceptions are stopping posts (non-counts from the other team, which DO restart the count) and posts from the Commissioner of the Count (yours truly >.0 ).
1. I think the problem happens because there are so many deleted messages (?)
1. that's a definite restart
2. wasn't it some person who came on here a lot and their account got deleted so it wacked with the forums
3. Yup. Apparently, the pages are already indexed, so they're just there until someone fixes it (Which won't happen. There are like 5 regular users here and two of them are mods). At first, I thought that meant that they would slowly fill up and we'd end up back where we started, but turns out, no, new pages just keep getting created.
I wonder who left. Was it KatPryde? She was quite active for a while and deleted her account. The timings are all of those things are very fuzzy for me, though...
Anyways, here's my attempt at an angery emoji.
Also, can we get to 100 at least once more by the end of the year? I think that might just be what we need to resupply a bit of that much needed depleted moral.
You must be logged in to post a reply!