analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,741 Replies
63. I would never change my AG name lol.
to answer your question, Ruffle.
2^6 aka 64 I would also never change my name. Well, maybe to Sciller4... But nah, "Scitler45" (Fusion of Sciller45, Hitler, and 1945 - three very good things) doesn't really work with just a 4.
To further expand on your question, AG will work using Ruffle, but it'll take a "few months" (according to RUffle FAQ) until the newer, Actionscript 3 games are supported. Until then, you have NG player and flashpoint.
65. Speaking of Ruffle, has anyone had Ruffles brand potato chips/crisps? They're pretty good but sometimes a bit more pricey than standard non crinkle cut brands.
66. Ruffles are nice, although I don't think as good as just lays. It's a bit of weird name for an emulator software.
67. Ruffles? We don't have those here. Don't think we had Lays and Doritos until just 3-4 years back. Unless you're talking about the wavy design. But when it comes to ridges, I say, go hard or go home.
Software can have weird names now? I just thought that in the land of Bings, Googles and Gloops, Gits and Gifs, we've evolved past names that make sense. The only name I can think of as non-fitting are the ones in the vein of:
"The Adventures of Stoke Mandeville, Astronaut and Gentleman: Tales of SCIENCE and HEROISM for all the Family Except Ladies Episode One: Stoke Mandeville meets Graham Pennyworth, the alter-ego of Carstairs Macdonald and together, they foil the machinations of the dastardly French super-spy"
I really wish I could make up such names, but alas.
68. I think that it's fine to name software weird names since they're not people and therefore, don't have feelings. And yet there are people out there who give their children names like Moon Unit and X Æ A-XII. (And there are still people who say that my name, Elisabeth, is strange because of its spelling.)
69. @RebelGamer_98 I actually used to know someone named Elisabeth with an "s" instead of a "z". I feel bad for kids that are named "Abcde" and the parents just claim it's pronounced "Absity" or whatever. Let's not even get started with those that have the same first AND last name like Tommy Thomas, or Mike Michael.
1. In Germany someone tried to name his kid "Ding"="Thing" (and no, it was not a tribute to the Comic), another one came up with "Das Teil" (also a dismissive kind of "That Thing", but these were rejected.
On the other hand parents was able to name their girl "Wolkenfrieden" ~ "Cloud Peace", they say "inspired by natice americans"... well, the surname is still "Müller"... "Wolkenfieden Müller". Or "Ikea" as first name... that's also OK...
1. Okay, I am not allowing myself to get mad over this.
2. Was it something I posted on 69. that got this back to start over? Vastly confused about that. No wonder this is considered an insane quest or whatever.
3. No, it's nothing you posted on 69 - nice, (Internet law #69, I am obligated to say "nice" ) don't worry.
I remember being friends with a kid named "Luke Lukas" (anglicized) in eighth grade. I suppose my name could count, as it's quite feminine when anglicized. I just comfort myself saying that if John Wayne could live with it, so could I.
Now, one of the most unusual names I've heard of is actually just because it's so usual. A half-Indian guy called "John Smith". Just imagine going to a nightclub...
You walk up to the door guy, he asks for your ID. "Oh, really. Your name is "John Smith", huh?"
Say you meet a girl at a bar, and now the only way not to set off red flags by seeming like you're giving a fake name is to give a fake name.
Not to mention constantly getting mixed up and having your credit card charged or thought you were a criminal.
So, he took his mother's maiden name.
It is an insane quest, but it *is* a h... harder... But it *is* a-harder than it used to be. 7 wins in 2017, 3 in 2019. I'm still offering to sprint. That's when three of us get together and decide to rush it!
In other news, I had my very first dream about the forums. And of all things, my brain decided to dream of a swanky new dark redesign with fixed page numbers, and a minimalist white AG logo on top. My brain does have good taste.
4. I haven't had forum dreams before. However, I'm guessing that's something that only happens after three years or so of being on the forums. Should I expect to start dreaming about the AG forums in 2023? Anyway, my family went to Mass today. I didn't as I did not feel well (I feel better now). So I watched Catholic Mass on Facebook. It wasn't our church - this church was in Manhattan, KS at Kansas State University - but I liked this church as their priests make their sermons relatable and engaging. Our current priest...not so much.
As for the story with the half Indian guy with the name of John Smith, I honestly wouldn't find it weird for him to have the last name Smith. (Though it may be because my country's often called "a melting pot".) A couple of people have assumed that I'm German considering that I have a German last name and I have the round, German face. However, despite my German ancestry, I tell these people that I was born and raised in the US. Plus, I don't speak any German except for a few basic words/phrases.
5. It kind of gets confusing when you live in one of those "melting pot" type countries, I mean identity wise anyways. Someone asks what you are, and not sure if you should say well I'm American or Canadian because of my citizenship, or Spanish or Italian because of heritage for example. It's funny when people end up asking "oh, do you know how to speak x/y/z language?" No, no I don't, but I do remember some curses older relatives would scream out in anger or frustration.
6. By the way, is anyone going to watch the Super Bowl this upcoming Sunday? Even though I'm not huge on football, I'm happy that the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl for the second consecutive time.
7. No, it's not about him being half-indian, just about him having an incredibly, mind-bogglingly generic name. Oddly enough, it's only the 13th most common name (2013). Most common being James Smith (M) and Maria Garcia. (F)
The worst thing about the English language are the swears. The ones I can think of but won't mention for obvious reasons all sound quite weak. The old English swear formula (Which I can't find for the life of me, but I remember VSauce talking about it. Not in his "Why are bad words bad video", I checked.) just doesn't cut it for me. Now, Croatian swears? Those I like. What's sad is that they're one of my main uses of my own language, as I don't talk much IRL. So I suck at it. So I don't talk mu-
I won't be watching the super bowl, but I *will* be watching the ads.
Super Bowl - The only time all ads are Old Spice-level.
You must be logged in to post a reply!