ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46071899
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

84. I do remember Nichodemus for all of his amazing creative writings, his short stories and the like were always my favorite! I remember Manly(so nice to see you!), Moegreche, MrDayCee, and Gantic of course! We should finish the count though, Gantic will have to stop the presses if he see's me in here...or maybe I'm just tooting my horn. I've said a great number of stupid things!

I remember all the old mods, man do I really wish could talk to some of them now!

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

85. Gantic is long departed. In fact, he left just months before I came, October 2017. He announced his departure in an April 1st post that was entirely serious. Because of course. Best not to have expectations around him. Or maybe you should. Maybe it's part of the fun.

I was there to see How FishPreferred Are You?. It was like How Gantic Are You, but FishPreferred.

HahiHa is the Komissar now. All men report to him and his brojbiro. No one so far has been sent into any battles with but a clip of 7.62x54. Of course, no one has returned to tell us neither.

JimSlaps
JimSlaps
45 posts
Peasant

86. Crazy to see people reminisce on old armor games forums. As for me, I've only got like a couple months here, so I'm basically a veteran like y'all.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

87. So what exactly happened to this place? I’ve tried digging through the forums for some answers and I’ve gather flash went down which I remember pouring a beer out for, but it never occurred to me that my old favorite site would be effected so badly. The forums used to be a decently hot spot and now it’s pretty depressing to be blunt. I guess that’s how nostalgia gets you though. Here am I now working a 9-5 and checking into the forums on my breaks….man how times change. Strange they have him listed as a moderator still, seeing as his departure was so long ago. I miss strop, and cenere, zophia, nonamec68, freakenstein, it’s ridiculous that I still remember the names from 12 years ago. I’ll stop being an old man missing the old times I swear!

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

88. You've got a lot of the old site rank up achievements on your account; that's cool.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

89. I've got a few of those 'cheevs myself! They're just buried under all the newer ones.

Now, @skater_kid_who_pwns ... (if that ain't the most 2008 name I'd ever heard)
Man, if you still miss Strop and Cenere... The only one of those guys I'd seen and not just read about was Freakenstein, again, way back, 2017. I'll recount some more:

When I came here, October 2017, people were already complaining about the site being dead. I believe PLGuy left because the site just wasn't as active, and that was in... 2019 at the latest. Maybe 2018.

Flash's death in 2020 was just the final blow. Even then, Flash was less and less popular, I assume with Steam being a really easy way to access videogames online, and mobile games, and generally social media becoming *the* way to pass time. These are the external factors, but there are a few internal ones which I'll talk way too long about now. *ahem*

I'd come every day for a fresh round of Forum Games. I'd go through the first page and take part in them all. Contests were still very much active. How FishPreferred are you, several armatar contests, Epic Rap Battles of Armor Games. The latter two I took part in. ERBAG was... Summer 2018.

Then, Fall or Winter 2018 IIRC, there was an armatar contest held by MrDayCee. It started, the submissions rolled in, and we waited for the results to come! And waited.

And waited.

And that was the last contest here on the AG forums.

KaliSenpai tried to take up the mantle with a poetry contest, but, as I had learned in ERBAG [Epic Rap Battles of Armor Games], I had no poetous skill, so I didn't participate. Few did. It never took off.

And so, the art side fell apart. I think the last artistic posts were armorplayergc, abcdragon, and I's Amazingly Daft Adventure. And the Viking roleplay. I tried to take up the mantle for RP-making, but I also failed for... really stupid reasons. I know now how I would go about starting an RP.

I don't want this post getting too long. I'll write some more about WEPR, the chat, the Discord, MattEmAngel/Mattchstick's attempted revival, and my own responsibility. I think that's all.

I'm hoping you *want* to know. I'll stop writing if it's too dull.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

90. skater_kid_who_pwns, now there's a name I didn't think I'd ever see posting again. Good to see you again too, it's certainly been a long time. Don't feel bad for being an old man remembering all the names from the good old days. I still remember and look back at far too many profiles in the hopes that they'll eventually decide 10-12 years was a long enough break. I miss all the old gang, especially the OG mod team, Cenere (was he a mod? I think I always mistook him for one when he wasn't), Gantic (Wish I was here to have at least said a farewell to him), Freak, even Devoidless (though I remember him vanishing after some big unspoken drama), MrDayCee. The whole lot of them gave this place such a unique personality and life. I still check on Salvidian's profile every few months to see if we'll ever get a comeback or an explanation for his leaving. Even just today, I had to stop myself (in a real life conversation with my family) from saying "Cen's Law: The larger the group, the lower the collective IQ will be" when I realized that not one person there would have the faintest idea what a Cenere even is.

For what it's worth, Nichodemus still sometimes pokes his head in here

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

91. In 2008, I remember I was just happy to be playing games on the internet; Lego.com used to have a lot of really good games, along with Miniclip.com and nitrome.com. Now these sites (or at least their online game components) are more dead even then this site. I picked this site almost right before Flash died because I thought it looked like the best (and it still is the best in my opinion). The advent of mobile gaming and smartphones killed off free online gaming more than anything else; at this point, mobile/console gaming are eternally anathema to me and I plan on sticking around till the site officially dies. Armor GameS still has all three letters of the PC game platforms I currently use and that are the best (A (Armor Games) online, G (gog.com) classic 1-player, and S(steam) everything else).

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

92. So are any mods still active? Are we going to have to email ferret to verify our count in here? We’re getting dangerously close! Sciller I definitely was asking and wanted to know, and I appreciate the response! Yeah the names of legend to you are the people I remember spending all my time talking to. I really did love this place as a teenager, liked minded people who just wanted to have and joke around…I honestly owe so much of my growth and development at that time to the people here. I joined as a 13 year old just trolling around the internet and didn’t even bother with proper grammar or spelling or even spelling out “you” instead of “you”. I wasn’t teased or anything just lead to be a better person and the mods at the time actually like “developed” me beyond a stupid little kid into using my brain and stuff like that. I know I broke the top ten leader board back in the day, I was number 9 or 10 shortly before I left the site, came back one day to find the leader board was stripped away. I am happy I get to keep my old king crown on the profile though, that feels nice.

I honestly can’t remember if cenere was a moderator or not, I’ll be totally honest I remembered cenere being a girl, but I really don’t remember…I’ve been creeping around old profiles, some people left breadcrumb trails to find them again, others I’ve just sent messages out into the abyss with hopes someone will see it somehow.

I propose a friendship, to all of you here! At least we can have each other to talk to here, maybe someone will see us having fun and decide to come back and hang out with us.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

93. I think it's HahiHa that verifies the count these days. He's the only mod that's still relatively active that I know of anyway. Though I don't recall him being a mod from The Elder Days. UnleashedUponMankind's profile shows activity pretty regularly, but for some reason it doesn't show any forums replies at all so I don't know if he's just lurking.

I also make the mistake of getting lost in the rabbit hole of looking at old friend's profiles. I made the great mistake of looking at Cenere's profile and (s?)he last posted 9 years ago. The sight of that fact alone has aged me greatly.

That's one experience with this site that I fully and completely share with you. I never did think I'd hang around this long, but here I am, 12 years later and still one of two people to have this armatar. Part of me is tempted to just tag random's from the Elden Days and hope the notification goes to some email they somehow still have access to, just for old time's sake.

I'll second that proposal as well. A friendship between the final members of this dying corner of the internet.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

94. Unleashed is also here, monitoring things, probably. I'm... 90% sure he'd been behind the whole massacring me with the banhammer for a cumulative half-year or so in... 2020? 21? He *was* right, but if he'd been more transparent, it could've been over a lot sooner.

Don't worry, I wasn't heiling Hitler. I got off with a warning for that one :P
It was for swearing. Just having those four asterisks in a row somewhere.

"I had to stop myself (in a real life conversation with my family) from saying "Cen's Law: The larger the group, the lower the collective IQ will be" when I realized that not one person there would have the faintest idea what a Cenere even is."

Is a powerful quote, Manly. One heckuva thing. To have... something. A community, shared knowledge, things to do, and then- gone. I didn't have friends as a kid, so AG was my first taste of that. Not much of AG left, but I'm still trying to recapture that. Realized it was pointless long ago, but that'll never stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Onto my promised material.
- WEPR: simply failed. It ran out of fresh blood. With no more fools trying to argue, they just ran outta material, I think. There's a phrase in my language. "Pametnom jedno dosta". "To a smart man, once is enough". I'd learned my lesson.

- The chat I can't say much about. Here's a link. It was a big thing for people in 2016. Several Knights were classified as Wardens. They moderated the AG chat. I was never much into it, but I did use it to coordinate CT100 pushes and chat with PLGuy a few times. With it gone in 2019, well, so were the communities based around the long-term games. Discord was supposed to replace them, but that never happened.

If you remember the Armor Games Data leak, the chat system was the cause IIRC.

- Now for a beautifully ironic one. Before the official AG Discord there was... another. Armor Games Unlimited. The mods did NOT like AGU and brandished the banhammer over those associated. So it renamed itself to "Allegal Garmorgames Uerver". I came to AG just in the midst of a dispute. It was TOP SNEAKY material, forum posts disappearing like Pinkos under McCarthy.

MattEmAngel was trying to get AG in on the future of gaming communication, but they were having none of it. Out of principle, Matt deleted his account. This was *JUST* after I found the forums. I wish I could tell you about the history, but I can't. Though I remember something about an AG clan and, uh, furries? You could probably talk to Matt about it, I can get you connected. He's probably talking to R2D21999, if you know him.

That server was deleted a year-or-two ago. I can get you an archive. We'd also made a new server which I can also get you in, but that's... not even AG-related anymore. Active or inactive we have Helpo1, YellowCat, Chryosten(Darkfire45), KaliSenpai, Doombreed, and armorplayergc(drakarthus). And one other guy who refused to identify himself. By the way, put "zoinks!" in your next post if you read this d: (upside down emoticon)

- Now Matt. Matt, Matt, Matt. Matt came back. A year ago. As Mattchstick. And he brought with himself his revolutionary flame, his zeal, and his will to nag the mods. He went on the (very dead) official AG discord and jumpstarted it. People came out of the woodwork. One spark was all it took.

Then they snuffed him out (among other thinly veiled match puns). Banned him from said server. At which point he threw his arms in the air and gave up completely. And the server stood silent once again.

- Me, my favourite topic! Though perhaps not on this list. I'll keep it short, unlike... any of my posts during that 2019-2022 stretch. I never had friends, I hold a lot of baggage, and I've been depressed, diagnosed, for the past 6 years. I was insecure, so I did a lot of stupid things, prone to being dramatic about it. Later on, I had a penchant for sucking all the energy out of a room.

I'm better about it now. I thought talking about things would lift me up, but it only ever brought others down. And ruminating over it kept me down as well. I just try to keep my wit sharp and my topics not completely dull.

- There's also the issue of... well... The very webpage is in complete disrepair. CT100 has 5209 pages of which 40 are empty (although the gap is now smaller than it used to be? Weird.) This became a problem around 2019!

I have considered making my own forum. WITH BLACKJACK AND HOO-. I could lead it, moderate it, keep it up and running. But I don't have a history, I don't have money, and I don't have a well of fresh blood. But on the astronomically improbable chance I ever resolve these issues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phew. That was a LOT. I've been writing for hours, but that's everything.

I'll third that proposal of yours if you make it a blood oath. I've got just the knife! Found the sucker in a crypt. On a pedestal. Something about a curse, and now I find myself spitting up hairballs the first Monday of every month, but she is a beaut, lemmetellya! You guys are up to date on your tetanus shots, right?

But I ghuess we could use the little blood sugar pinprick thing if you're scared of tradition.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

95. I wonder if that's the longest Count to 100 post ever?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

96. At 926 words, eh, I'd say it's a contender It's the longest CT100 post I'd ever written. Though maybe I wrote longer ones in my teleportation debate. Only those just had a link to google docs xD

I've said all there was to say, though. That's 7 year distilled into something you can read in 15 minutes.

B2B warning and all.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

97. And it was a great history lesson, I learned quite a few things I've been wondering about these last few years

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

98. Certainly :}

Anyways, a new William and Sly game is coming out! The first one was 2D, second was 2.5D, and the third one - it's an 8-hour desktop game now - is fully 3D and open-world. I'm doing the Croatian localisation and should be one of the testers! So while you're watching the credits, do look for the proud name of Sciller.

B2B

Showing 77461-77475 of 78377