ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157429
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
BackstabbingSpy
BackstabbingSpy
26 posts
Nomad

Have you ever been to an allman brother's concert? I recently went to one by accident thinking it was creed. God it was like woodstock! Every single person there had a beer and tye dye shirt and im pretty sure most of them were either drunk or high on weed. It was smelly as hell and I was pretty sure I was gonna see someone having sex in a bathroom.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

And of course its not as if Driving high is gonna be legal if marijuana is legalized. So really, it would be such a rare case to have someone be high and drive.

And if they did, they can be caught.

And also, even if they did, the case of someone being drunk and driving is worse then being high and driving

Acknowledging these points, there is very little to worry about.

Hell with the money we'd make from taxing weed, we can use it on anti-high driving campaigns -_-

i'd also like to note that it's pretty damn hard to tell when someone's driving high, thus proving it's not as bad.
BackstabbingSpy
BackstabbingSpy
26 posts
Nomad

My friend drove high on weed once, he couldn't fucking tell the difference between the road and the sky. We crashed xD

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

wow... I don't know what account to believe....

driving while high seems like a bad idea...

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

wow... I don't know what account to believe....

How bout scientific research?
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2008/jan/10/the_truth_about_driving_when_you

and people's responses

http://www.marijuana.com/surveys-polls-questions/105145-driving-while-high.html
BackstabbingSpy
BackstabbingSpy
26 posts
Nomad

Wow, you pick a site based off drugs for personal responses. How do you know if they are lying? How would they know how good they are driving when they are high!?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Wow, you pick a site based off drugs for personal responses. How do you know if they are lying?

The first one was a scientific study, the second was the question raised to people who smoked pot themselves.

How would they know how good they are driving when they are high!?

Because there not dead yet?
Read what they actually said.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Even the government is more accurate than you potheads.

The gov't thats payed to keep pot illegal is not a good source of information.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Even the government is more accurate than you potheads.

I'm not a pothead.

Do not use google to look anything up until you are done reading the rest of this post.

I am going to tell you about something we call dihydrogen monoxide and why it should be illegal.

It is the major compound in Acid Rain.
It contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
May cause sever burns.
Been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

It is used...
As an industrial solvent and coolant.
In nuclear Power Plants.
In many cruel forms of animal research.
In the distribution of pesticides. Can't be washed off.

Dihydrogen monoxide is found in...
Soda
Vomit
Household cleaners
Rat Poison
and even baby food!

This stuff should NOT be used! We need to outlaw dihydrogen monoxide. Make it illegal to user and to have.

This is the type of game the government uses to make drugs sound worse than what they really are. The government also lies.
TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

Dude, I've seen plenty of sources (not from the government!) that explain how bad pot is.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Dude, I've seen plenty of sources (not from the government!) that explain how bad pot is.

I've seen plenty of sources explaining why pot isn't as bad as it sounds. Just because it changes the way you look at the world doesn't make it bad. I posted a link to a website that explains why the war on drugs is worse than drugs themselves. I'm lazy, so I won't repost it. But you should really check out sources supporting marijuana legalization.

You need to read into both sides of the argument before announcing if you are for or against marijuana.
Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Okay, right now I'm wondering what exactly the effects are from using pot. I know the media exaggerates it, but what are the real effects?

TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

NoName, explain to me one good reason why it SHOULD be legalized.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

NoName, explain to me one good reason why it SHOULD be legalized.

The banning of marijuana through drug czar's racism who needed to create public hysteria (hence the name "marijuana". They associated with Mexicans to give a negative view of the drug).

It was never banned for health concerns. Scientific studies on the contrary find the drug to be quite safe.
Its less dangerous than alchol and tobacco (especially cigarettes!) Its the least of the addictive drugs, while cigarettes are the highest, it is less of a withdraw, affects your thinking less than alcohol and causes minimal long term damage.

Banning marijuana does nothing good. It puts into prison hundreds of thousands of innocent people who possess it. This costs taxpayers themselves a fortune because we spend $40,000 on each prisoner a year.

Having it banned also gives rise to the black market led by drug dealers.

And lastly, if its legalized, we can tax it greatly.

The drug war itself costs us a lot of money and accomplishes nothing. By legalizing marijuana, instead of wasting all that money on the prisons and the drug war itself, we will actually start to make money of it.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Because it would put drive underground drug operations out of business aka gangs made to revolve around the profit of drugs.

Less people would be in prison due to marijuana. This would mean more fathers will be home to take care of their children. Most pot smokers are good hard-working people. (That whole lazy thing is just a BS stereotype).

Marijuana use is not dangerous to anybody. It is not particularly healthy, but it isn't particularly unhealthy either. Therefor, people will stop breaking the law when they smoke it. Why is marijuana so bad anyway? Because the smoke is bad for you lungs? Who cares, as long as it's not in public, the government doesn't own their lungs! Other than the smoke, it isn't that bad for you.

Marijuana does not slowly kill you or shorten your life span. Look at Willy Nelson.

Marijuana has medical purposes. Marijuana is THE BEST drug to use for people undergoing cancer therapy and other particular diseases. Marinol is the only drug out there that has similar effects as marijuana because it is basically a man made marijuana. *If you consume marijuana with food, then it has the exact same effect as Marinol.* Marijuana would also be more cost effective.

Less people in prison who aren't hardened criminals. A person doing drugs isn't a rapist or murderer. With less druggies in prison, we have more space for the truly bad people out there who actually do harm to others.

Marijuana is very relaxing. As much as marijuana can cause stress, it can relieve it just as easily... if not... more easily.

Marijuana is a much better alternative than alcohol. Anybody who says otherwise is either misinformed or the biggest douche bag you will ever hear from. Seriously, drunk people are soooo much worse than those high on marijuana it isn't even funny. I have been high and drunk, I know.

You're TheDude maaaaaaaaaaannnnn, you totally should be a stoner duuuuuuuuude... it's like, stickin it to the man, maaaaaannnnn! (untrue stereotype, lolz)

Less government control. There was a time when the British government tried to ban rock n' roll. That's BS. The government should have no say in what you do or listen to unless you are harming other people. The same goes for marijuana. If it isn't hurting anyone, which it doesn't for the most part, then why should the government be able to say no for us? It's our responsibility. If we abuse marijuana, then the government should step in. However, use isn't abuse. Abuse is over use. -- I've been high, so don't say it makes people violent or it makes them do crazy things like jumping off buildings and what not. It doesn't.

Showing 376-390 of 794