ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157419
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

California has had legal medical marijuana since 1996.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Think about it. When your high you don't feel much of anything, right? Now if the marijuana was taken away what would happen to the user? He becomes more and more sensitive to things that involve the five senses. If you were cut while high you wouldn't notice it much. Now if a user who is no longer taking marijuana suddenly cuts himself the pain would be higher than usual.

actually, having marijuana in your system can prevent pain.
i know that when i have a decent amount of it in my system, getting hit in the knees doesn't hurt very much. when i don't have it in my system, it feels like i just blew my fucking knee out.

and regarding medical marijuana: it has been scientifically proven that marijuana significantly reduces the size of brain tumors.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Marijuana kills the pain, it does not stop it from happening.
If you don't get hit in the shins with a base ball bat ever until one day 20 years later(or any time later) it will hurt because your shins will be sensitive, if you get hit in the shins every day for 20 years you will not feel it as much, whether or not you were high during it. You stop being sensitive because your skin toughens up, it has nothing to do with being high.

For someone who doesnt understand.

There is physical pain that is permanent in many peoples lives.

It is classified medically as chronic pain. It doesn't end and never goes away, you don't just "get used to it"

And medicinal marijuana is a good treatment that doesn't run the risk of addiction, or putting the user compeltely "out of it"

and regarding medical marijuana: it has been scientifically proven that marijuana significantly reduces the size of brain tumors.

and lung tumors suprisingly enough.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

And medicinal marijuana is a good treatment that doesn't run the risk of addiction, or putting the user compeltely "out of it"

also, those against MM: when we say medicinal marijuana, we don't mean that you're given a prescription and you can have as much weed as you want. it's rationed. it's contained. it's very hard to manipulate into a bad habit.

and lung tumors surprisingly enough.

huh. i'm not surprised.

i had asthma at a young age, and it was bad back then, but I began to grow out of it as i grew older. i still have accentuated shortness of breath (about 1.5 times as bad as others) yet when i have Marijuana in my system it's not as bad-- i can run farther distances with less shortness of breath, i can have the role of 'deep threat' in football and not take 2 minutes getting back to the line of scrimmage. I can simply run more plays with more distance and much less shortness of breath.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

I mean people drink but they dont go to work drunk.

Thats not true. And I think youd be surprised that there are people who take more than just alchohol to get thru their working day.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Thats not true. And I think youd be surprised that there are people who take more than just alchohol to get thru their working day.

and those people are eventually fired. also, marijuana decreases productivity less than alcohol.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

and those people are eventually fired

Not where I live.

As long as you make sure your employer is a sympathizer with the legalization movement...which a lot of them are.

marijuana decreases productivity less than alcohol

Marijuana may slow productivity, but the job will get done properly. Alcohol makes the job get done incorrectly.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana slows productivity so a lot of employers are sympathizers to its legalization.

O'RUHi?
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

O'RUHi?

do you mean:

orly?
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Marijuana slows productivity so a lot of employers are sympathizers to its legalization.

Lol.

Exactly

I've had two jobs before. Both included the pot smokers with the cigarette smokers when it comes to smoke breaks =P

Personally I don't agree with either of them getting an extra break but that's beside the point...
TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

Both included the pot smokers with the cigarette smokers when it comes to smoke breaks =P

Oh, but if pot isn't addictive then why do workers need regular breaks? Take a while to think about it NoName.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Oh, but if pot isn't addictive then why do workers need regular breaks? Take a while to think about it NoName.

Lol.

They don't. That's one of my points. It was just an employer being a jerk not proof of any of your points xD
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

bluesbros*

pot isn't addictive, it's people own addictive tendencies that make it, if ever, an addiction.

I personally, when working (easy, un-fuck-up-able) construction would take weed breaks because it A) relieves most of the minor, useless pains from construction that often slow me down otherwise B) is a nice break from busting through concrete walls C) allows me to be more relaxed while making munnehmunnehmunnnneeehhhhh.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

O'RUHi?

[quote]do you mean:

orly?
[/quote]

I meant: Oh, aRe yoU High?

yielee - Like if you work in construction then it doesn't matter if drugs are legal cause your not really affecting anyone's life

German3945 - WHAT? being high in a construction zone is hazardous to your life and every single person in the construction zone. that is an extremely dangerous job to work high.

Some of you aren't being honest and are just playing around.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I haven't been on much.

"The role drugs play in premature death extends far beyond overdose and disease, with illicit drugs associated strongly with homicide."

I don't really see how that proves anything. Most people who smoke marijuana are no more dangerous than those who don't smoke it. Marijuana doesn't make people violent.

Workers need regular breaks to relieve stress... what does this have to do with marijuana?

If someone goes to work high and that person isn't fired, then it's that person's boss that has to deal with any consequences that happen as a result of that person being high.

The point is, most bosses will fire you if you come into work drunk. Most of them will fire you if you come in high. If nobody notices that an employee is high, then they probably aren't too stoned to work.

Marijuana can be abused, but the war on marijuana is causing more harm than marijuana could ever do.
Showing 421-435 of 794