ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839247
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Who else was disappointed by MW3?

So many people if you watch top rated MW3 vids. I gave up on it a few months ago because it was clear they weren't going to fix any of the major issues. I actually haven't played a CoD or general FPS game in a while, been busy with some other ones I bought, but once I see some zombies gameplay from Black Ops 2 I'll decide if I want it or not.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I actually haven't played a CoD or general FPS game in a while, been busy with some other ones I bought, but once I see some zombies gameplay from Black Ops 2 I'll decide if I want it or not.

I'm sure zombies will be epic. They always have been. They're going to be adding some new twists to it. I'm not sure if it's just rumors but regardless, it'll be exciting.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Who else was disappointed by MW3?

Just wanna say... I hated this game before it was cool.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwA-V086Cneme213DW7K-Ko47WrZGqirZm5rSStvAHmAjPSxyEXg&t=1

The archives of the "CoD? Put it here" thread will tell stories of crusades led by Highfire and I. There were many victims, and no winners.

-Chillz
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There were many victims, and no winners.

There was much rage, and nobody cared.*
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Hey! I've been telling 2of my siblings that I hated it before it was cool, the keep accusing me of hating it after seeing other people hate it, but my hate for it is genuine

rebuild
rebuild
35 posts
Nomad

The old cods are good but I hate the new ones! Zombies are still good though.

Konna
Konna
1 posts
Nomad

i like all of them

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I'm convinced that people who prefer older CoD games to the newer ones are most often blinded by nostalgia. The most laughable are those who claim camping has gotten worse in the CoD games. These people never played CoD4.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I'm convinced that people who prefer older CoD games to the newer ones are most often blinded by nostalgia. The most laughable are those who claim camping has gotten worse in the CoD games. These people never played CoD4.

CoD4 was generally described as (and sometimes still is) the best CoD game in the series. Many people enjoyed it and still do for it's simplicity and lack of ridiculous perks or death streaks. But it's a bit contradicting because people would complain about the lack of change and repetitiveness if Infinity Ward attempted to make a game really similar to it.

People will always find something to complain about in a CoD game. Whether it be an over-powered gun, a perk, a killstreak or even a gametype, people WILL find something. You can't make a perfect game. Heck, some people even claim to hate the CoD series even though they play it on a daily basis. People just seem to raise their standards for a CoD game for each one that comes out, which would be why CoD4 was such a huge hit.

It's not a terrible series or even a remotely bad one. If that was the case, each game that comes out every November wouldn't have super long lines at the 12 AM release date in stores worldwide. Nor would it have it's own thread.

With that being said, MW2 is still probably my favorite game in the series.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm convinced that people who prefer older CoD games to the newer ones are most often blinded by nostalgia.

Maybe, but with each new CoD they tend to add in new things that upset the community.

Such as with MW3:
- Dead man's hand. In fact, offensive death streaks in general. If you keep on dying you shouldn't get something that makes killing an enemy easier. I'd be fine with deathstreaks like juiced, copycat, etc.
- Assassin. General idea of a sneaky perk is good, but not when it can protect you from everything and makes all the other perks in the category null; ghost was balanced.
- Spawning. Mostly caused by the size of the maps.
- Portable radars. No wonder so many people use assassin, when you have so many ways to detect the enemy I don't blame them for using a sneaky perk.
- Support killstreaks. You get to spam uavs, counter uavs, get a stealth bomber that kills the entire team, and an emp.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

More black ops 2 info. Nuke town will be a zombies map. They will expand it more and it will be run down. No link, sorry

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

it will be expanded more? well i you don't have a link at least what's the name of the site?
who else is going to get the hardened edition (or prestige, but i'll be getting hardened)?

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

More black ops 2 info. Nuke town will be a zombies map. They will expand it more and it will be run down. No link, sorry

Yeah, I heard about that too. It seems interesting. Imagine 4v4 zombies with a pretty small map. I don't know how they'll 'expand' it. But still.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

going to get the hardened edition (or prestige, but i'll be getting hardened)?

Too much money, not gonna get it.

Link
touchmeslow
touchmeslow
3 posts
Nomad

meh is a good game but too many ppl mic spam

Showing 2986-3000 of 3990