ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839411
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
ChronicFrost
ChronicFrost
14 posts
Nomad

for diamond camo for the MSMC i prestiged the weapon twice and its max lvel and i have all the camos so do i need to do this with every SMG to get diamond camp for the MSMC? how do u get diamond camo?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

how do u get diamond camo?

You get diamond camo by unlocking gold camo for all the weapons in its class.
xTanar
xTanar
1 posts
Nomad

Add me on xbox live my GT: vl Tanar lv
I'm looking for hardcore gamers to pub stomp with

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Just finished BO2 campaign for the first time. Pretty sure Killersup got the worse ending....

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

BO2 has some weird scenrios and flow of the story since we have to make some choices to see how the story flows in the end, I tried killing mason and not, killing harper and no, Bottomline is that the good ending when mason visits woods alongtogether re-united with his son David.

But i usually like the part when menendez burnt himself in his sister's grave.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

You have to kill harper, save karma, save mason and save woods to get the "everything is all happy" ending. Other wise bad things can happen...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well, I couldn't take it. I snapped Black Ops 2 in half.

Every day I get on, I get quick scoped by a sniper. What happened to the rock, paper, scissors mechanic? What happened to the whole idea behind snipers being a long range weapon? When people can run around and kill me as soon as they turn a corner with a sniper rifle when I pull the trigger first with an SMG or Assault Rifle, then the team failed at their job.

So **** the game series. I'm done.

Treyarch, suck my ****.

CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Me gustas tu, NoName. Anyways, I have a small rant about Sharpshooter.

Sharpshooter, AKA be the best spawn killer:
Black Ops 2 Sharpshooter spawns are so dumb, you always spawn near an enemy and you probably get spawn killed because some guy is patrolling the area looking for newly spawned enemies. A guy got 500+ points last game I played on Hijacked just doing that. In fact, he earned over 10+ kills in under 30 seconds. And he ALWAYS killed me within at least 3 seconds of spawning. I didn't even finish the match, I was so pissed off at this spawn killer I just rage quit and slammed my controller on my bed.

Fin.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I got my anger vented out. I have this whole zen thing going on now. : 3

The devs openly stated that they would keep quick scoping in the game. The problem I have with quick scoping is that it's something that takes advantage of the aim assist exploit.

When you aim down the sites, ideally you're supposed to place the cross hairs on top of your target, then pull the trigger to kill them. This is the purpose of the scope, and the reason to look down the site. If you don't look down the site, the sniper is horribly inaccurate.

But quick scoping is different. People don't use their scope to aim. It's purpose is to a.) allow the bullet to shoot straight, and b.) allow aim assist to snap onto the target.

Quick scoping is far from efficient, and it's not the easiest thing to pull off. But when you fight someone who's quick scoping, it tends to come down to dumb luck whether you win or not (or, to be more precise, whether they hit you or not). There are some people who devoted a lot of their time fine tuning their exploitative skills, and at this point they're winning gun fights snipers weren't intended to win (and they weren't intended to win these gun fights in the first place because this would cause snipers to be over powered).

So, what I'm trying to say is this. Why create a sniper rifle built for long range, and make it difficult to use medium range for the sake of keeping the guns balanced... then keep an exploit in the game so snipers can be used mid. range like an assault rifle that kills in one hit? It's counter intuitive.

Go to a CoD related forum, you'll find that there will be tons of debate against people who are anti-quick scoping and pro-quick scoping. People who support quick scoping tend to call it a legitimate tactic, one that's fair. To these people, I say you're wrong.

If there's a game and you find an exploit, take advantage of it if you want! Have fun! Troll. I don't care. But don't act like it's "fair". I played Search and Destroy in CoD 4 and we would sometimes plant someone in our party on the other team so we could troll everyone. I won't say it was a legitimate strategy because it's something anyone could have pulled off, we were being jerks.

So, that's my argument against quick scoping.

Sharpshooter, AKA be the best spawn killer:
Black Ops 2 Sharpshooter spawns are so dumb, you always spawn near an enemy and you probably get spawn killed because some guy is patrolling the area looking for newly spawned enemies. A guy got 500+ points last game I played on Hijacked just doing that. In fact, he earned over 10+ kills in under 30 seconds. And he ALWAYS killed me within at least 3 seconds of spawning. I didn't even finish the match, I was so pissed off at this spawn killer I just rage quit and slammed my controller on my bed.

Fin.

The spawns in CoD are pretty weird in every game mode. I absolutely love...d One In The Chamber. But if you play on certain maps, you could kill people almost immediately. I forget the name of the boat level, but there are HORRIBLE spawns on there. There's one spawn that plants you in a corner, and another spawn that has you right there LOOKING at the corner the person spawns behind. I still loved One In The Chamber though.

----

Overall I think Call of Duty is great. But when they allow people to Quick Scope, it's infuriating because you know that's not how snipers should work. Quick scopers ruined the game for me. I've been trolled out of the series. I would buy the next CoD because I enjoy the game as a whole immensely, but I just wasted $60 so someone else is going to see my money.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Every day I get on, I get quick scoped by a sniper. What happened to the rock, paper, scissors mechanic? What happened to the whole idea behind snipers being a long range weapon? When people can run around and kill me as soon as they turn a corner with a sniper rifle when I pull the trigger first with an SMG or Assault Rifle, then the team failed at their job.

I find that SMGs are the annoying guns in black ops 2 everyone always say its because the maps are close range I don't think they are but its not losing in close range fights that annoys me its when someone beats me in a mid-long range gun fight when I have a AR or an LMG they clearly need more recoil if people are able to spray at distance and managing to beat someone using a gun designed for long range gun fights.

It might be different on console because of auto aim but on pc if your against a team using smgs its near impossible to stand a chance.

I personally dont mind quickscoping much its kind of annoying but I wouldnt call it an exploit it's no scoping that annoys me because it is pure luck and I feel cheated when someone no scopes me.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

OH GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

No more making pony emblems in BO2. : (

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Playing raid....spawn...less than 20 seconds later a quick scoper is behind the whole team and takes out everybody...that is not...

Connection is not always the best. people know that. Someone with a shotgun can fire as soon as they enter the room, but through Killersup's eyes they have yet to even become visible through the building...

On another note, annoying shield users on nuketown...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I like the idea of quickscoping. Well, I mean I like making custom games and quickscoping with a bunch of friends. I think it is helpful for snipers since otherwise they would have completely nothing and the maps really are not big enough to take away cqc from them.

On another note, annoying shield users on nuketown...

shoot them in the back :P
Prestige 7 level 46.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

shoot them in the back :P

That would mean getting behind 6 players on nuketown with them respawing right next to Killersup and not getting shot...

Vector is gold, and Killersup missed the whole double XP weekend...

When is the map pack supposed to come out?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Thursday. I'm going all weekend long. Die rise looks sick. Pun unintended.

Showing 3586-3600 of 3990