analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,635 Replies
36. That's so sad to see. He was one of the last OG's left here...
37. I was going to say... Ah, to... Nevermind! *clears throat*
Armorplayer was the best star-pilot in the galaxy and a cunning warrior. And he was a good friend. A young man named Drakarthus helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the kingdom's knights. He betrayed and murdered Armorplayergc. Now the knights are all but extinct. Drakarthus was seduced by the dark side.
Yes, he was one of the last OGs. I've been here for some three years now, and I do believe he had 16k posts by the time I joined. Say, considering I'm one of the oldest here now, am I an OG by default?
38. Sciller, I thought you were here since 2011? That's more than three years ;-)
39. Hey everyone, hope everyone's new year is going off to a great start! 2021 is off to a rough start for me and my family as we have contracted Covid-19. Plus, we're still shocked about the idiots who stormed Capitol Hill a couple days ago.
Sciller, I thought you were here since 2011? That's more than three years ;-)
@HalRazor, I think he means he's been on the forums for three years now. However, he's probably one of the oldest accounts still active on AG, so I'd say he's totally an OG.
40. Yes, I was only on the forums for some three years. Been on this website a bit longer than that, though (As Sciller4). Maybe a few months before at most.
Yeesh. That would make me almost a decade old. I feel like the poster on one of those old computer forums who has the actual solution to your problem. Like:
I've had that same problem with IE. It's caused by a conflict with start-up programs. Try booting in safe mode with networking and pressing Alt-F4 3 times.
Joined ComputerBros. in Jan 24. 1997.
But, that would mean I need to do something for my tenth anniversary this year. Something cool, but that wouldn't take more than a few hours. Something unlike my plans for my 2000th post. And my 2222nd post. And April 15th.
Well, I've got a whole year ahead of me. I'm sure I'll totally think of something in time.
Ah, Covid. It just does not want to die. I do hope it dies down by end of this year. I'd hate to miss that trip to Venice. Saying that makes it seem like I'm banalizing it. Maybe I just haven't been hit as hard. Main difference is that I'm just taking care not to get grandma infected. Enough she has on her plate.
I've been against riots earlier last year, and I'll be against them again. But you have to admit, there were definitely some... interesting characters. I quite like the Viking berserker and the guy from Florida (no big surprise) who stole the podium.
41. RebelGamer, I hope the best for you and your family, get well soon. I hope your patients are not in a risk group (old, asthma/COPD, diabetes, ...)?
42. My parents are older (in their late fifties) but they aren't old. Unfortunately, they are diabetic but they seem to be fine nonetheless. We had a family friend with diabetes who had Covid a month ago and his blood sugar was over 500 even after recovering! His blood sugar is now normal but I hope that my parents don't go through the same thing.
43. Good to hear they seem fine, and that they are under 60 and have no preceding respiratory diseases. I wish you best luck that your family will recover soon. People react very different to the virus. I think the most stressful part is that too much about the disease is still unknown. I know people who did not even notice they had corona until they were testes (early studies guessed about 1/4 of the infected have no symptoms). Let's hope they will also have a milder course.
To anyone who was shocked by the blocked flash-plugin: I changed my computer time to January 1st, opened a flash game, changed the date back to the current date, and it works again. Let's 43. Good to hear they seem fine, and that they are under 60 and have no preceding respiratory diseases. I wish you best luck that your family will recover soon. People react very different to the virus. I think the most stressful part is that too much about the disease is still unknown. I know people who did not even notice they had corona until they were testes (early studies guessed about 1/4 of the infected have no symptoms). Let's hope they will also have a milder course.
To anyone who was shocked by the blocked flash-plugin: I changed my computer time to January 1st, opened a flash game, changed the date back to the current date, and it works again.
44. Haven't been here in over two years. I'm glad Armor Games is still up, I came to give it one last go around before flash is gone for good tomorrow. But it looks like ruffle is being used in its place, yay! I hope everyone stays safe and virus free. Happy belated new year!
45. You too! It's a shame the site is in its twilight years. Actually, what other sites do you guys use? AG, Discord, and the Steam community are all I've known (aside from Skype but Skype sucks.)
46. It is a shame. May seem odd to hear, but when I came in three years ago, it was considered to be entering its twilight years. I really wish I had joined earlier.
AG was the first forum/community where I've been. The only times I used the other ones was when asking for help. But I have since joined a few discord servers, one for Minecraft, and a few for Serious Sam. That's about it unless lurking on Reddit counts. I've never been as active as I was on AG, though.
In other news, I've decided to play William and Sly 2 (previously, I only played the first one. I think the 2.5D graphics scared me off a bit.) I'd say it's just as good if not better, and now I'm wondering what else I've missed for no good reason. But for now, Lucas Paakh goes into my list of favourite creators. I'm off to read his book now.
47. These days, I'm more active on Steam than on AG. (I totally would share my Steam ID on my AG profile but I never got it to show my actual Steam profile.) Speaking of which, how many of you have played version 2 of EBF4 on Steam? Also, Matt (Kupo707) is probably the MOST dedicated indie developer out there, given that EBF4 is turning 7 this year!
48. Well, I better do not answer meaosomes question... Some other posts where I mentioned other sites or the f-plugin where deleted, and I don't want to ruin the count. I became active on AG when I thought the other F-sites were slowly fading away, now I again spend more time on the site whose name may not be mentioned.
EBF is also one of my favourite series. I like how kupos programming skills evolved over the years. Part 1 and 2 were merely a long fighting scene, and one year later part 3 was a professional-looking RPG. Yesterday I startet EBF5, I was surprised by the story. It felt like an alternate reality after playing EBF 3 and 4 :-).
49. I've played the first two EBF, but didn't finish one (I forgot which). I actually never played EBF 3, I thought it was also going to be a continuous long battle. I'd give it a try now, but it's one of those games that haven't been supported by ruffle yet.
It's nice to see how some indie game developers that start here and other sites have go on to make it to game platforms.
50. Halfway point! It's been a while since this happened last time, huh? I call it an achievement by itself.
I've looked it up, and it seems Matt has been making games since 2004! 2004! And that may be just the documented ones. Far as I'm concerned, the guy's been making games since I was planned. Assuming I was planned. Yet, I've still never played EBF. Meh, I'm sure I'll get on to it eventually. I always do.
Hm... You say mentioning the other sites gets your posts deleted? AG staff are horribly bad at communicannocating. Unleashed was better about it, but only after I'd already found out why he'd whittled me around with the ol' banhammer. Personally, I don't see it as anything. I love AG and I always advocated for an in-browser solution, but until it's done, we HAVE to use the alternatives. Maybe it'd be good to just say "alternatives". That way it's not advertising? Hm.
You must be logged in to post a reply!