analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Mods Allowed To Count
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 48 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
47. 100! - April 4, '23 at 12:25, 9 users, over 29 days.
TheMostManlyMan (1), saint_of_gaming , Widestsinger , SirLegendary (2), nichodemus (2), danwar123, sciller45 (3), HalRazor , disastermaster30 (3)
48. 100! - July 20, '23 at 06:11, 15 users, 52 days.
saint_of_gaming , TheMostManlyMan (1), Solas128, Widestsinger , sciller45 (4), ScoobySnax, nichodemus (2), SirLegendary (2), GhostOfMatrix , Yellowcat (1), portarto, HalRazor , jimmycarlos , IllustriousIllusion, robsob20061017 
- 78,024 Replies
1. Ooh, I just remembered. Greenthunder's post was a spam post, defined by section 2.4, which means we must reset.
2. Welp, here we go again.
3. I don't see why you can't read the text next to our Armatars. Sooner or later people will pick the same ones.
It is correct that one should not post without a number, or without bolding the number if it is not at the start of the post. But, as sciller pointed out, it is also correct that such a post shall not restart the count. Or, as the Scriptures of Gantic say, "There aren't any consequences for the count, but there might be oer[sic] consequences." The main consequence being that a non-count post does not contribute to the count and will be completely ignored if part of a successful count (including no quest and merit). If repeated, they can be considered as disruptive to the team effort and get you a reprimand.
The reason I am not posting a number is that I am the commissioner, a.k.a. the judge, of the count. My posts are usually more administrative in nature and theoretically I am unable to make a stopping post (or even a counting post) since I am not really part of either team (users or mods) in regard to this game.
4. Thanks for the clarification.
I ain't doing it, Yellowcat, I had Santa Claws as armatar before SoG was created!
I'm sorry, but my coin flip picked you as the one who has to change. Don't blame me, blame the random selection algorithm.
6. I'm grateful it didn't pick me. Still I might be changing anyway if Ruffle ever becomes available in full.
7. Ah, I see now, Mr. commissioner.
8. Does anyone know what the Scriptures of Gantic are or did he just make that up and make it sound cool?
9. I recognize the emperor has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid... stupid, foolish decision, I've elected to ignore it. But just so I please you, I'll throw a coin. Heads means I keep my avatar.
Shall_I_keep_my_armatar? = Tails
10. I'll give you a pass sciller45 and change mine if you take the trouble to think of an alternative that I like.
11. Well now you've both said you'll change and I am going to hold you to those promises.
12. I said I would change mine only if Schiller45 thinks of an alternative I like.
13. No need to reset but I doubt the count will get to 100
14 oops did wrong number and hey guys
You must be logged in to post a reply!